Sorry, I Really Gotta Do This.

Mudi posted on Mar 30 2006 at 02:19 PM said:
Goity posted on Mar 30 2006 at 10:12 AM said:
Everyone knows dreamweaver is the easiest and best.

No way man. Emacs or vi. Notepad if you are a wuss.
From HTML to CSS to PHP, Notepad's got my web design&dev needs covered. Dreamweaver and all the other wizards are unnecessary - learn to code by hand, it's not hard at all, and you develop a much better understanding of what you're doing.

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova posted on Mar 31 2006 at 12:50 PM said:
What do you teach?

Currently teaching Science to Spanish children with an over inflated sense of their own intelligence.

Alex. posted on Mar 31 2006 at 01:29 PM said:
Mudi posted on Mar 30 2006 at 02:19 PM said:
Goity posted on Mar 30 2006 at 10:12 AM said:
Everyone knows dreamweaver is the easiest and best.

No way man. Emacs or vi. Notepad if you are a wuss.
From HTML to CSS to PHP, Notepad's got my web design&dev needs covered. Dreamweaver and all the other wizards are unnecessary - learn to code by hand, it's not hard at all, and you develop a much better understanding of what you're doing.

- Alex
HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript etc. - yeah, Notepad and stuff are fine. But when you want to design a page and see more-or-less how it will look when it goes up, a WYSIWYG editor makes your job a whole lot simpler.

WrongEyedJesus posted on Mar 31 2006 at 08:57 AM said:
God it's like being at work reading this thread:

*adopts best teacher voice*

"Right settle down class you can chat all you like after class.

Fisher, put that away boy, nobody wants to see that sort of thing......

Goit, I've told you about that before.....

Nova, do pay attention, this is for your benefit....."

Etc. etc. etc.

:rolleyes:
Bah, I don't bother going on internet in last ten mins free time, not to mention in lessons.

Stop being so condescending, if you understand how the code works then you're merely saving time by using Dreamweaver. Myself, I just use EditPlus or some other text editor, for the auto-indent mainly.

Rico posted on Mar 31 2006 at 06:17 PM said:
Stop being so condescending, if you understand how the code works then you're merely saving time by using Dreamweaver. Myself, I just use EditPlus or some other text editor, for the auto-indent mainly.
Exactly. Creating webpages in dreamweaver is quick and simple, if you want to do unsupported features then just bloody code them in manually.

Back