Hardware problems and bricked.. does this mean i gotta return it again?

soulanger

I have these problems with my Pandora a few weeks after I received my RMI.

1. Broken screw (tried with every screwdriver i could find but to my dismay nothing could bite into it.) :(
  2. broken r-shoulder (cant fix because of 1)
  3. loose nubs (even tho i recalibrate them by spinning it a few times it still have problems going to a few directions straight)
  4. honestly im fine with those problems but my pandora is bricked (http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/5572-got-my-nand-erased-although-i-run-the-os-on-my-sd-card-how-can-i-fix-this) I'm still trying to fix this as we speak and been doing this for the last couple of months but im losing hope already. :(

does this mean i gotta return it again? Sending to craigix's from Philippines causes a fortune, last time i sent my pandora for RMI it cost me around 100USD it disheartens me that i gotta pay that much again. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel the same, it cost me $90 US to send my Pandora over through UPS to Germany.. I hate to pay that much again..

I have some experience with the beagleboard with issues booting off SD cards. For reasons unknown the MLO file had to be the absolute first file copied to the fat partition for it to boot properly. I'm not sure if this is the case or not..

I feel the same, it cost me $90 US to send my Pandora over through UPS to Germany.. I hate to pay that much again..

I have some experience with the beagleboard with issues booting off SD cards. For reasons unknown the MLO file had to be the absolute first file copied to the fat partition for it to boot properly. I'm not sure if this is the case or not..

It is the same as with the BeagleBoard. That's the TI Bootloader :)

Trashy, im aware of that. I think I already did all ways to create a SD Boot, I even tried it with as much SD cards as possible. :( To my dismay none of them worked..

Ed can i return it if i get enough money to send it?

EDIT: Oh and maybe I should wait till you guys produce the upgraded boards. As a compensation for the 2 RMIs maybe? :( Sigh..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back