GP2X Sourcecode For Craigamp

Someone just bitch about GPL, then after thousands of linux zeolets trash the forums, craig'll put it up the next times he's online completely oblivious to all the frenzied zeolets we have had to slay.

Someone just bitch about GPL, then after thousands of linux zeolets trash the forums, craig'll put it up the next times he's online completely oblivious to all the frenzied zeolets we have had to slay.
what is it that is wrong with you? the gpl is a license, and those who use gpl covered work had better comply.

those who wish source for gpl covered work have a good reason for it (yes, ALL reasons are good, even just for the sake of getting.)
so in fact, its YOU that are the zealot.

besides, who said craigamp is gpl? (well, i dont know atleast.)

Last edited by a moderator:
It uses libmad so i guess it is GPL, the source has always been available though through request (see text file), if you want it -> craig.gp2x.de/craigAmpSource.zip

It uses libmad so i guess it is GPL, the source has always been available though through request (see text file), if you want it -> craig.gp2x.de/craigAmpSource.zip

Cool thanks Craigix :)

Sam i dont know anything about what the GPL says, and I respect craigix if he dosent want to share the sourcecode with the rest of us, its his program, but he did thats cool. :)

Sam i dont know anything about what the GPL says, and I respect craigix if he dosent want to share the sourcecode to the rest of us, its his program. :)
Well since it is technically GPL-ed, you wouldn't have to respect that at all if he wasn't willing to give away the source - if you have a binary of a GPL-ed program, you are entitled to the source. As it happens, it doesn't really matter because he's happy to give away the source.

Sam i dont know anything about what the GPL says, and I respect craigix if he dosent want to share the sourcecode to the rest of us, its his program. :)
Well since it is technically GPL-ed, you wouldn't have to respect that at all if he wasn't willing to give away the source - if you have a binary of a GPL-ed program, you are entitled to the source. As it happens, it doesn't really matter because he's happy to give away the source.

Yups i know its something about sharing the sourcecode with others, but thats all i know.

Back