Southpark 201 Censored? Wtf?!

sataniC Virus said:
Crunchwrap said:
At least I'm happy knowing that all those atheists, homosexuals, polygamists, the mentally incapacitated, and nigger-lovers will burn in hell in due time.

You should be banned from here for such a statement.
I think he was joking, sometimes he says things just to get a reaction I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
second exodous said:
sataniC Virus said:
Crunchwrap said:
At least I'm happy knowing that all those atheists, homosexuals, polygamists, the mentally incapacitated, and nigger-lovers will burn in hell in due time.

I think he was joking, sometimes he says things just to get a reaction I think.
He does this a lot. I think he went a little overboard to the point that it was just beating a dead horse, but yeah, that was definitely sarcasm. This is how you know: "Even though we basically believe the same thing those guys..." No one serious would say that.

Coming from Church of Satan I obviously don't believe in theological hell or other religious rantings.

I can spot when one is referring to gays, black people and those with mental health problems in a derogatory fashion.

I get sarcasm and forms of black humour but this was neither. You need a sense of irony to post such statements with intelligence to show what you really mean. Crunchwrap, if trying to be sarcastic does not demonstrate this with his statement and I therefore still call on him to be banned.

@sataniC Virus: I was neither being serious nor being funny. I was merely pointing out that religion supposedly teaches good morals but throughout time religion has made people hate, persecute, and kill.

I like how this thread is about censorship yet you try to get me banned for something I said.

sataniC Virus said:
But ... one of the advantages of being an athiest is not having to get worked up over the rest of the worlds 'religious' bullshit!

sataniC Virus said:
Crunchwrap said:

:rolleyes:

sataniC Virus said:
Coming from Church of Satan I obviously don't believe in theological hell or other religious rantings.

I can spot when one is referring to gays, black people and those with mental health problems in a derogatory fashion.

I get sarcasm and forms of black humour but this was neither. You need a sense of irony to post such statements with intelligence to show what you really mean. Crunchwrap, if trying to be sarcastic does not demonstrate this with his statement and I therefore still call on him to be banned.
Give it a rest, it's absolutely obvious he was being sarcastic and even though it isn't really funny it is still on topic, unlike your tiresome complaints about imaginary intolerance.

xnopasaranx said:
Yes I do realize that. That is again exactly what I wrote. Science is able to change from one paradigm to the next in a matter of days after someone has discovered something new or proven a different theory to be obsolete/false. Just because science is working with theories aswell, doesn't mean that there isn't a huge difference in reasoning and appliance. Have you ever heard of a physicist threatening to kill a christian or muslim or whatever because of the big bang theory?

Two things - the first is that scientists are human too, just like religeous people - and yes, they do get caught up in "my theory is better than your theory". They are stubborn, and resistant to change.

Asking if scientists ever issue death threats to each other over the big bang theory is a little bit dicey though. I mean, first of all if you mean "SCIENTIST" scientists then that's like limiting the religeous argument to just high priests. And limiting to the Big Bang theory is another serious limitation. But, just to try and illustrate, I entered "big bang theory threat" into Google. The first hit was:

Scientists receive death threats over Big Bang experiment from critics who fear end of the world

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1053162/Scientists-receive-death-threats-Big-Bang-experiment-critics-fear-end-world.html

Which is about "ordinary" people who, through their understanding of science, have come to issue death threat to scientists due to the big bang theory experiments. Fanatics, certainly - but "scientific fanatics" rather than religeous one. Or, to put it another way, people.

Some quotes from the article:

A lawsuit has been lodged at the European Court For Human Rights by a small group of maverick scientists hoping to stop the experiment.

No-one knows precisely what will come tumbling out of the primordial soup of disintegrating protons.
But Professor Brian Cox of Manchester University, who will be working on the ATLAS detector, responded angrily to doomsayers who have predicted an Armageddon.
'Anyone who thinks the LHC will destroy the world is a t***,' he told The Telegraph

Professor Cox added: 'There's a kind of magic energy we've not been able to get to, and we know from previous experiments that's where things happen. Now for the first time, we'll be crossing that barrier.'

"Magic Energy"??? LOL.

Top of the wish list is the Higg's boson, nicknamed 'The God Particle', which has been theorised but never detected. Finding it would prove the existence of a 'Higg's field' that pervades the universe and gives particles mass, and therefore gravity.

These 'supersymmetry' particles - hypothetical partners of ordinary particles - may be the constituents of 'dark matter', invisible material that exerts a gravitational effect on galaxies but cannot be seen. Dark matter is thought to make up around 22% of the universe, while 'ordinary' matter accounts for just 4%.
The remaining 74% is believed to consist of something even stranger, called dark energy, which causes galaxies to accelerate away from each other. Results from the LHC may also shed light on the nature of this mysterious force.

So - you can't see it, you can't taste it, you can't smell it, you can't feel it and you can't communicate with it. But you think you can detect knock-on effects of it being there.

I find much of Science, when presented appropriately, to be fascinating and exciting.

finty said:
Just so you know the Irish problem has nothing to do with religion. The two sides are (roughly) divided by religion but that's not the reason for the violence.

EXACTLY. Reliegon is just a scapegoat, an excuse. Like a football match can be, or... well, people will pick the craziest things to fight over. I was once "asked out into the car park" in order to work out, physically, whether I or a juniour who had recently started working at the same place were the better in our field of work.

Like - WHAT???

Orion4874 said:
I personally view organized religion as inherently evil.

The problem with organised religeon is that, like politics or organised grime, who do you think the people running it are running it for the benefit of? The people? No. Not on the whole, no.

aaron11193 said:
Hell for every terrorist that is put away, I'd be happy for a drug dealer to be let free, not that I agree with them being there in the first place unless they are connected with the mafia or any shit like that.

I hate religion, it is a rapidly spreading disease.

Isn't it in decline, actually? And to free drug dealers for every terrorist that gets put away... heck, I've been called extreme in my past but I wouldn't do that. How much do you know about drug dealing (an entirely science-based profession, BTW).

Back