Speaker Problem

milky

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i no about the speaker problem when using the headphones
and i no u can fix it using a solder but im going on holiday 2moz so is there a quick way of fixing it
like an application or something 4 firmware 2.0

Yeah you tell em Vimacs.

Anywho, Try twddling the jack when it's in the socket, at a point the speakers should switch off and sound will only some from the headphones. Try and tape up the jack in that position.

It's going to look as ugly as fuck but atleast you'll have decent use of your 2x

Vimacs posted on Jul 16 2006 at 11:36 AM said:
write that again in half-proper english and you may get help.

I know about the speaker problem when using the headphones and i know you can fix it using a solder but I'm going on holiday tommorrow so is there a quick way of fixing it, like an application or something for firmware 2.0.

Last edited by a moderator:
milky posted on Jul 16 2006 at 05:16 AM said:

I know about the speaker problem when using the headphones and i know you can fix it using a solder but I'm going on holiday tommorrow so is there a quick way of fixing it, like an application or something for firmware 2.0.
do you have this problem or are you just worried about it happening to you, your question isn't clear on that. The MK2 doesn't have the same problem.

If you have the problem, I'm not aware of any software fix for that issue as its a physical defect on what I believe is a physical switch. I don't think software controles what plays what at all its all through hardware. You may be able to tape the jack from the inside instead of soldering it but I have no idea how well it would hold and you would probably better to just solder it if your inside.

oqnet posted on Jul 16 2006 at 05:03 PM said:
milky posted on Jul 16 2006 at 05:16 AM said:

do you have this problem or are you just worried about it happening to you, your question isn't clear on that. The MK2 doesn't have the same problem.

If you have the problem, I'm not aware of any software fix for that issue as its a physical defect on what I believe is a physical switch. I don't think software controles what plays what at all its all through hardware. You may be able to tape the jack from the inside instead of soldering it but I have no idea how well it would hold and you would probably better to just solder it if your inside.

i read somewhere that there was a speaker toggle but that was version 1.4

Back