Speakers

rupan777

Still Fresh
Is anyone running their GP2X with external speakers (USB or whatever)? If so, any recommendations? I would like to maybe use my GP2X as a small stereo in my bedroom since said room is pretty cramped.

Thanks. :)

I don't have any speakers, but I'm going to pick some up this week (some that plug into the headphone jack). I'd love to hear about other people's experiences with external speakers.

I'd guess any self powered speakers would work well - YMMV with unpowered ones.

There's always the Apple Hi-Fi. The sound quality is fantastic for the price. You can connect to it using minijack-minijack audio cables, and if you have a friend with an iPod, they can just pop it right in the Hi-Fi to play their music and charge their pod.

You can also use the mjack-mjack cable to turn the Hi-Fi into speakers for your PC.

I agree that iPod could be seen as an undesirable icon brand (though I love my iPod to death, I do see that side of the issue.) but it all boils down to fantastic quality for a relatively nice price.

I had a mini-system when I was fifteen, and it sounded like utter tripe. Even with the rising inflation in the ten years since that, the Hi-Fi costs LESS than that piece of hoo-haa I had in my room.

Thanks for the ideas; I'll have to look into what's available, I guess but welcome any other suggestions.

LordFu,

I hope you post your experiences or PM them to me, I'd like to hear about them.

I don't know where you are based but if you're in the USA have a look at the ZVOX speaker range http://www.zvoxaudio.com/
I've got the 315 at home and I can thoroughly recommend it, although I would imagine the mini version might suit you're needs better. Sound quality for the size is incredible - I use it as my TV/DVD speakers as the wife objected to a full surround system with spaghetti cables :D

Back