GP32 Speccie emu (ZXadvance) GP coders read...

Bonks

I spoke briefly to TheHive on a GBA board and asked him in regards to porting his fantastic ZXadvance emu to the GP32. He replied...

If I owned a GP32, then I'd instantly port it myself. With the extra power, I could emulate the ULA properly....mmmmm.
BUT, unfortunately, I'm kinda broke at the moment, so there's next to no chance of me getting the cash together for one
So, sorry, no GP32 port from me anyway...

Im talking to him now about him giving the code to a GP developer who might be interested in doing this.

Would anyone be interested in taking this up?

My programming skills only go as far as basic languages, so im no help (as much as i wish i could)

Cheers

Bonks

you serious Craig?, that would be well good!!!!

You gonna contact him about it or do you want me to?

-edit
Ive contacted him just to let him know and asked him to drop you a line regarding it :)

Bonks

a free gp32 because he is a devver?
cool!
/me runs to buy lots of programming stuff

Good call --

To encourage programmers to program for the gp32 - is a great idea - - the more the better thus more increase interest of the gp32 if more ports\emulators are produced.

Top job Craig !

/me pinches Craigs cheek and wiggles..

The community owes you one...

-=M=-

I can't find the post now (may have got lost when the ZX Advance forum changed boards) but TheHive said something along the lines that it was unlikely to happen as coding for the GP32 in C was too much like his day job and thus not fun. I think TheHive wasn't particularly impressed with the GP32 - especially the joystick.

aaw man, i'm gutted. I recently cmopleted Auf weidersehn montyon the speccy on the gba using zxadvance and it's position saving power but no decent emu for the gp32 has saving powers. Oh, well have to play my gba more instead.... :-(

Craig you are trully a (maybe THE) GP32 god B)
I really enjoy having you around the forum
btw : thx for Doom :)

I hope we will see the emu ASAP :rolleyes:

see you :lol:

aaw man, i'm gutted. I recently cmopleted Auf weidersehn montyon the speccy on the gba using zxadvance and it's position saving power but no decent emu for the gp32 has saving powers. Oh, well have to play my gba more instead.... :-(

Speccyal K has "saving powers" btw... I suppose you mean the possibility of saving the game (instant snapshot) and returning to it later.
Ahh if I had time, I'd add lots of useful features in my emu (tzx, zip, correct ula timings ...). Maybe one day ??

_tyrell_

Speccyal K

Back