Spectrobes. Opinions

clarky2o2o

what does every1 think of this game.

to me it feels like a a descent Pokemon knock off with kingdom hearts style story and a shining soul fight set.

any1 else.

Whats to taunt? I personally don't see the fascination with pokemon anymore especially these ds games. Its the same core gameplay that they've churned out for the last 10 years and the only new inclusion is online battling which may be good doesn't really add much to the series. Personally, I think Nintendo have miled the series far too much and should probably stop making games. The creatures become more absurd every game with many carrying stupid names. And the core graphics haven't changed either. The ds game still uses the same basic graphics as the GBA games with a little bit better resolution and some perspective that doesn't add much. Thats just my opinion. Having grown up now and realising how kiddy it is to play it has spoilt many of my childhood memories but if you enjoy it thats the main point. What i think is sad though, is the 40 year old men who play it. I have a friend whos a 29 year old single mother and her son is into Yu-gi-oh. And she was telling me when she had to take her son to a tournament for it, it surprised her how many middle aged men where there to play it.

Edit: just to clear thing incase what I said made me sound like a 40 year old dinosaur, im actually 17 going on 18. Its not that I dislike the pokemon games. I have to hand it to Nintendo for giving the world a game that can bring people in like Pokemon has but I think you should all agree that beyond a certain age, playing Pokemon just doesnt fit. I may give the games a go but in secret away from family and friends.

On that note, Has anyone got Diddy Kong Racing DS? And if so, did you find it as much of a disappointment as I did once I started playing? Even the online isnt that good.

Does anyone actually pay for DS games anymore?

Ganepark32 said:
I may give the games a go but in secret away from family and friends.
Obviously you have the wrong kind of friends. And you may say it's more of the same, but I'd say that's good. Why change what works? It's the same winning formula, with some little additions like the new contests and that, and some big ones like WiFi trading and battling. And I love it just as much as Red and Blue.

Nova said:
Does anyone actually pay for DS games anymore?
Nah.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you people serious? I mean, you really think the new Pokemons are that good, or are you being sarcastic? :huh:

I like the games, but I'm surprised seeing so many people here that think so... I never considered them a "gamer's game," as evidenced by the fact that my fiancee absolutely loves them (she actually brags--to this day--about the unbeatability of her Blastoise), while she has no interest in almost all others..

I'm also interested in Spectrobes. It seems to have higher production value than most Pokeclones. I'm even willing to look past the fact that the game's a Sega hater.

I thought general consensus was that "Sega" is Italian for "rub one off"?

I have not yet tried Spectrobes, but I don't see why you people like the new Pokemon so much. Pokemon is a good game, no doubt, but I see no difference between the games. Everything is the same....
Also, I still pay for DS games. But only for good ones - those I don't like can stay right on the shelf.
Ganepark, your post became totally irrelevant the second you said "kiddy" ;)

Yeh, I have a way of making important and meaningful things irrelevant by making some kind of stupid comment at the end of it. My english teacher from last year would be able to confirm that. But you can't disagree that Pokemon doesn't have a kiddy image. No matter how hard Nintendo try, it's always gonna have that kiddy image. And primarily the game is aimed at younger gamers and not the 40 year old man who's in the middle of a mid life crisis.

Ganepark32 said:
Yeh, I have a way of making important and meaningful things irrelevant by making some kind of stupid comment at the end of it. My english teacher from last year would be able to confirm that. But you can't disagree that Pokemon doesn't have a kiddy image. No matter how hard Nintendo try, it's always gonna have that kiddy image. And primarily the game is aimed at younger gamers and not the 40 year old man who's in the middle of a mid life crisis.
I like rock Pokemon because they're lumpy!

Why should you have to hide your childish side, I think that's very sad.

I think it's silly to limit yourself from a good game just because some of the Pokemon are cute-looking. And don't even tell me it's because the gameplay is too basic because then Tetris would be considered a toddler's game. :rolleyes:

Ganepark32 said:
But you can't disagree that Pokemon doesn't have a kiddy image.
No.

Pokemon DOES have a kiddy image. Sure, it IS aimed at children. Who the [****] cares? I am 22 and damned if I can't play a game without thinking about the consequences concerning my maturity. It's a strategy/roleplaying game that happens to be aimed at kids, but that doesn't change the gameplay. Kirby is aimed at children, what with the cutie image and all, still a good game. Rocket Slime is pretty "kiddy", one of the best DS games I've ever played. Tits are made for babies, but I'll still be intimate with my fiancee.

In conclusion, not caring about what other people think about your hobby seems far more mature to me than sneering at a 40 year old who incidentally likes something that is not aimed at his age group.

Back