Release Sqrxz V0.9.9

Is the game too hard?

• Yes

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters

EvilDragon said:
Yeah, collisions could be a bit nicer to the player ;)

It's nigh impossible jumping through a hole of one block unless it's right at a wall and you go as far to the wall as you can :D

+1. I spent about 2 minutes jumping trying to find just the right pixel to stand on so that I could get through that gap. I realized that there was another block that I could destroy, but I don't think I should be forced to destroy that block, which I pretty much am.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the game, really takes me back to the golden days of unforgiving gaming.

I'm getting a lot of screen tearing, take it that this is a Pandora problem and I've not missed some setting to change refresh rate or something?

Mr Loon said:

I'm getting a lot of screen tearing, take it that this is a Pandora problem and I've not missed some setting to change refresh rate or something?
SDL problem... all SDL apps currently tear, they will automatically be fixed if/when some one does some Pandora fixes and optimisations to SDL.

PokeParadox said:
Mr Loon said:

SDL problem... all SDL apps currently tear, they will automatically be fixed if/when some one does some Pandora fixes and optimisations to SDL.

Thanks PokeParadox, thought this might be the case, IIRC the SDL tearing problem is being looked at by whoever sorted this out on the GP2X so there is hope that all will be well eventually.

The tearing is down to X11. X11 doesn't let you vsync, plus with X11 you only get single buffering (you write to a buffer, then the buffer gets copied to the screen).

I'm working on making it so that in fullscreen SDL will use the framebuffer directly, then we'll have proper double buffering (and hopefully faster blitting).

paeryn said:
The tearing is down to X11. X11 doesn't let you vsync, plus with X11 you only get single buffering (you write to a buffer, then the buffer gets copied to the screen).

I'm working on making it so that in fullscreen SDL will use the framebuffer directly, then we'll have proper double buffering (and hopefully faster blitting).

Thanks for taking this on paeryn, if you can stop the tearing you'll be an official Pandora legend in my eyes. Huge respect to all the software gurus who will help to truly open Pandora.

Back