Squash V4.0 For Pandora Kernel

chris_c

I compiled my own kernel (finally figured out OE environment breaks kernel cross compile!) when I noticed that there
is no squashfs support in the git version of the kernel - this is needed for pnd support.

Although I have wake on alarm working I'd like to also work on fixing the pressure values that are returned by evdev

It would be a lot easier if I could get squashfs working!

I did manage to patch a kernel for the older version of squashfs but this is not recent enough, as there is squash
support in the mainline kernel there are no more parches for the later versions of squashfs

Could someone post some instructions for patching the current git pandora kernel with squashfs support?

What git url should I be pulling for the kernel that is currently being worked on, there seems to be a number
not sure which I should be using...

be nice if a pre-patched source tree existed somewhere...

bit-bake... *shudder*

chris_c said:
be nice if a pre-patched source tree existed somewhere...

bit-bake... *shudder*
according to the mailling list that's the plan for Yars.à
But you dont need to bitbake that. Just grab the patches and apply them in order on your tree (it should work as this is what BB does)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok.... so where are these patches and diff's actually stored ? - I poked round on the git web front end but couldn't find them in anywhere obvious...

chris_c said:
ok.... so where are these patches and diff's actually stored ? - I poked round on the git web front end but couldn't find them in anywhere obvious...
All those in the first section are there.
this is the AUFS patch and the squashfs one.

sebt3 said:
chris_c said:
All those in the first section are there.
this is the AUFS patch and the squashfs one.
there should be a way to clone the lot in one go? cant work out the url to clone tho...

chris_c said:
there should be a way to clone the lot in one go? cant work out the url to clone tho...
You could clone the pandora overlay : git://git.openpandora.org/openpandora.oe.git which contain that and all the pandora specific stuff

Back