Squidge Snes Problems

ductsoup

Still Fresh
When I load roms the Nintendo icon appears then the screen stays black, I have a 270mhz GP2X with v2.0.0 firmware. Thanks.

Could you guys give some examples of which games aren't working? Did these games work in previous releases?

is it limited to just snes games im having the same problem with "other" emulators as well.

games that arent working, for me, are super mario all-stars (feat. super mario world) it just freezes, but snes2x plays them fine

I'm having problems with the same game (and only that game). That's too bad, its one of my favorites. I guess we'll have to dig up the old version for now.

Well Super Mario All Stars worked on the last version I had 0.37 and so did super metroid but super metroid had a part where the map was invisible. Jedi Knight was unplayable arround 2fps. Now Jedi Knight runs reallly well and Super Mario and Metroid don't :|. But I left it off over night turned it on and super metroid works, what the hell?? I have yet to check the blank map bug.

EDIT: ok Super Metroid runs alot better but the blank map part is still there :/ and it crashes

I am having no problem with Super Mario All Stars and I am having no problem with Zelda. I am running the newest, squidgesnes 0.392 :blink:

Squigesnes 0.38:

My version of Super Metroid works fine till I get to some area then the screen goes black, although I can still move Samus out of it (quite hard when it is black :p ).

I did have to change my version of Super Mario All-Stars (inc Mario World) to Super Mario All Stars (without the Super Mario World add on) as the selection screen crashes. The SMAS w.out SMW version works fine with the selection screen.

Anyway Jedi Knight on the snes??

[Edit]

Oh and i bought some new 2800 batteries on ebay and found that some games only goto a black screen (this was Super Bomberman), yet when I use the power supply it's ok, has anyone else encountered this or is it just me?

idk, i use (i think) 2800 rechargeables too, idk ill try it when i get home (cause if that was the problem the whole time ill be mad) also i noticed on a video of squidgesnes running its playing super mario world (so the batteries may be the problem)

also, i recall having problems in super mario cart, the graphics are all messed up and i cant see a thing....

Goemon4 posted on Dec 5 2006 at 09:59 AM said:
also, i recall having problems in super mario cart, the graphics are all messed up and i cant see a thing....

On the newest version or the previous version?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Super Mario All-Stars isn't working either on 0.392. Though it works on 0.390, well the Super Mario World works, the nes marios are all bugged out.

The batteries? That's sounds strange.

SiDCrAzY posted on Dec 5 2006 at 11:31 AM said:

previous... ihavent used the latest (liek i said ive been using snes2x lately)

My version of Super Metroid works fine till I get to some area then the screen goes black, although I can still move Samus out of it

Yeh I usually do that but it's impossible to do so where I am, and I'm preddy sure I'm stuck now cos I missed something :/.

Goemon4 posted on Dec 5 2006 at 10:42 AM said:
SiDCrAzY posted on Dec 5 2006 at 11:31 AM said:

previous... ihavent used the latest (liek i said ive been using snes2x lately)

I'm currently using SquidgeSnes 0.391 by notaz and Super Mario Kart runs nearly perfect on that.

Don't know about version 0.392 though.

My version of Super Metroid works fine till I get to some area then the screen goes black, although I can still move Samus out of it

Yeh I usually do that but it's impossible to do so where I am, and I'm preddy sure I'm stuck now cos I missed something :/.

To get where you are do you drop down an area (that has orange/brown looking walls), turn right, through the door. Then run down a tunnel which looks like its underwater then go through another door then black screen?

I would suggest using “snesgp2x(nk's) Modded” when playing Metroid. Everything works with it. No Black Cloud. Turning off one of the layers in squigdesnes might help. I haven't tried that yet.

Yes, the Super Metroid problem is to do with transparencies. Use transhack or turn off background layers to solve it.

re: All-Stars + SMW compilation, that's a know problem. Just use the normal All-stars and a stand-alone SMW rom, problem solved with no difference in playing whatsoever :)

Back