Squidgesnes 0.38

crimsonnight posted on Oct 20 2006 at 05:59 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Oct 19 2006 at 10:27 PM said:
crimsonnight posted on Oct 19 2006 at 05:22 PM said:
Rivroner posted on Oct 19 2006 at 11:46 AM said:
DKC is more playable in NK´SNES.
Perfect transparencies, very good sound and higher framerates than Squidge SNES.
Try it, you will be surprised.

k, will do but i can't find it in the file archive or google. can u pls tell me where I can get it from?

Get glasses Alice ... get glasses!

ty, but is there any way with the NK emulator's defult ROM directory so it uses the same SD/ROMS/SNES as my other emulator uses?

No as far as i know but you can move wherever you want to select the roms from the menu in NK SNES.
Is not neccesary to create a directory called roms in NK´s SNES folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rivroner posted on Oct 20 2006 at 05:06 PM said:
Perfect transparencies, very good sound and higher framerates than Squidge SNES.

k, will do but i can't find it in the file archive or google. can u pls tell me where I can get it from?

ty, but is there any way with the NK emulator's defult ROM directory so it uses the same SD/ROMS/SNES as my other emulator uses?

No as far as i know but you can move wherever you want to select the roms from the menu in NK SNES.

Oh, k well how do u change the directory then, thats a point how do u access the menu actually cause I find the donkey kongs are a little jumpy like a few frames are skipped occassionally...

Wow! I'm playing,
Cybernator
Darius Twin
Cotton 100%
Phalanx
Gokujou Parodius
R-Type III (sweet)
Super R-Type
Raiden
Space Megaforce
Spriggan
all with 60fps, full speed with sound. Loving every minute of it. Was playing Chrono until I ran into a place that needed transparency support. Ugghh!! (weeps onto gp2x) :(

darkman posted on Oct 20 2006 at 02:45 PM said:
Was playing Chrono until I ran into a place that needed transparency support. Ugghh!! (weeps onto gp2x) :(

You can always turn off the offending sprite layer with volume +&- and a/b/x/y (one for each layer). Works quite well IMO, but can be anoying at some parts of the game when you have to contstantly do it.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 21 2006 at 02:35 AM said:
I did....do I have to reset the emu for changes to take effect?

I think you have to delete the old config file. At least that is what I did to get sound.

DaveC posted on Oct 20 2006 at 10:54 PM said:
daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 21 2006 at 02:35 AM said:
I did....do I have to reset the emu for changes to take effect?

I think you have to delete the old config file. At least that is what I did to get sound.
did that too :huh:

dsd28 posted on Oct 20 2006 at 02:33 PM said:
darkman posted on Oct 20 2006 at 02:45 PM said:
Was playing Chrono until I ran into a place that needed transparency support. Ugghh!! (weeps onto gp2x) :(

You can always turn off the offending sprite layer with volume +&- and a/b/x/y (one for each layer). Works quite well IMO, but can be anoying at some parts of the game when you have to contstantly do it.

I tried that. The layer that needs to be turned off is also the one that contains the dialog. Odd. :( I can play it in the other SNES emu that does support transparencies, but it is not full screen. I was really enjoying the full sceen.

Personally I think they should change the transhack to a checkerboard pattern as it gives more of the illusion of a transparancy. They light effect in Streets of rage on genesis uses this method.

-Kensupen

crimsonnight posted on Oct 20 2006 at 07:44 PM said:
Rivroner posted on Oct 20 2006 at 05:06 PM said:

Oh, k well how do u change the directory then, thats a point how do u access the menu actually cause I find the donkey kongs are a little jumpy like a few frames are skipped occassionally...

I don´t understand your question well, my english is not enough good.
If you are asking for the frameskipping:The emu has autoframeskip, you can´t change it i think.

Overclocking at 275 with sound ON this emu is giving me always over 25 fps.In Squidge the game goes like 15 in general, but in easy caves you get 50.The sound is much better in NK.

gaterooze posted on Oct 21 2006 at 02:59 AM said:
darkman, did you turn Transhack on?

Thanks! That did help. The dialog is a little hard to read, but it does work. I had no idea what "Transhack" did.

Back