Squidgesnes 0.38

I'm sure that this is one of the issues already being addressed but i noticed that on Super Mario AllStars, SMB3, level 1 the plants that come out of the pipes are superimposed over the pipe itself rather than the body part being hidden.

drokkeh posted on Oct 18 2006 at 08:37 AM said:
I'm sure that this is one of the issues already being addressed but i noticed that on Super Mario AllStars, SMB3, level 1 the plants that come out of the pipes are superimposed over the pipe itself rather than the body part being hidden.

That issue has been present since Reesy hacked the code and locked 'Fast Sprites' on, much like Pepone added his own auto-frameskip code which cannot be disabled in the menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, my problem seems to have not been in the emulator, but in the batteries. I am not sure what is wrong with them as they are not too old and freshly charged. Yet even on the green booting screen weird black vertical shaking lines sometimes appear and the device hangs. When I use the AC adaptor, the app works just fine. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for your great work, notaz :)

naples39 posted on Oct 18 2006 at 02:44 PM said:
drokkeh posted on Oct 18 2006 at 08:37 AM said:

That issue has been present since Reesy hacked the code and locked 'Fast Sprites' on, much like Pepone added his own auto-frameskip code which cannot be disabled in the menu.
Actually, there is a version where autoframeskip is configurable:
http://m.peponas.free.fr/gngeo/download/sq...esnes_0.37c.zip

But I think Notaz has start his work from an earlier version.

Ahh! Am I the only one this doesn't work for? The menu and such is fine, but when I try and load a ROM, from Gmenu2X or from the main frontend, it always gives me a screen with something scrolled up the screen, for example, Contra3 has orange lines. Any idea what's wrong? I tried killing the config file, didn't help.

Thanks, I saved the config and now my ROMS load, but the only problem now is that they don't seem to have any sound...

Ranma13 posted on Oct 17 2006 at 01:04 AM said:
sephiroth111 posted on Oct 16 2006 at 06:20 PM said:
Megaman 7 becomes messy after the intro, the graphics become garbled. almost as if its reading from something it cant handle
Don't quote me on this, but doesn't Megaman 7 use a hardware scaling/rotation chip?

no, thats the X series. your thinking of the C chip. X1-3 had it (though it may be called DSP in X3)

Ooh, Mario Kart is about 25FPS with sound, which runs really smooth!
Any way to use Gmenu2x's selector if you can't pass command line arguments?

sephiroth111 posted on Oct 18 2006 at 06:30 PM said:
Ranma13 posted on Oct 17 2006 at 01:04 AM said:
sephiroth111 posted on Oct 16 2006 at 06:20 PM said:
Megaman 7 becomes messy after the intro, the graphics become garbled. almost as if its reading from something it cant handle
Don't quote me on this, but doesn't Megaman 7 use a hardware scaling/rotation chip?

no, thats the X series. your thinking of the C chip. X1-3 had it (though it may be called DSP in X3)
I just tried Megaman 7 and it seemed fine, apart from the text which was a bit hard to read. Which parts are garbled for you?

Alvin posted on Oct 18 2006 at 06:36 PM said:

Nope. GMenu2X's Selector RELIES on the ability ot pass commandlines. Until the commandline issue is resolved, you'll just have to use SquidgeSNES' own rom browser.

hackgrid posted on Oct 18 2006 at 04:18 PM said:
It worked with a clean install!

Some sprites in Secret of Mana are strange now oo (e.g. in the intro)

Is the game playable now? can't check til I get back home next weekend.

PokeParadox posted on Oct 18 2006 at 08:39 PM said:
Nope. GMenu2X's Selector RELIES on the ability ot pass commandlines. Until the commandline issue is resolved, you'll just have to use SquidgeSNES' own rom browser.

After dealing with the issue of the config file, it works fine for me. I actually always use it.

25fps with sound?? I presume your doing a time trial? When you have 7 other karts running i am lucky to get above 7fps!

Ryo posted on Oct 18 2006 at 03:14 PM said:
PokeParadox posted on Oct 18 2006 at 08:39 PM said:

After dealing with the issue of the config file, it works fine for me. I actually always use it.

So how do you have your script file set up? I have tried a few things, but it always just starts to the Squidgesnes menu where I have to select the game again internally.

The command line stopped working for me when I first installed this new version, but I went into the options, turned on craigs memory treak then saved the config and the command line started working again.

Here is my config file:
Code:
loadrom = /mnt/sd/roms/snes
wantscale = false
fpsdisplay = true
vsync = false
fpslimit = false
squidgetranshack = false
fskip = 0
gp2x_clock = 266
ramtimings = true
gamma = 100
apuenable = true
apumute = false
absromdir = true
snesjoytype = true
lowbattval = 2.4V

Remember to save it using the unix file format.

drokkeh posted on Oct 18 2006 at 07:26 PM said:

25fps with sound?? I presume your doing a time trial? When you have 7 other karts running i am lucky to get above 7fps!

Probably overclocked to 270mhz or something like that, since that is approximatly what I get (with many cars it sometimes drops to something like 17fps). With the autofrmeskip it is very playable though.

Back