Staff Introductions

ashdjones

o_O
I was wondering wether the Pandora staff would like to introduce themselves, give a quick description about their role in the project and maybe a little something about themselves.

Don't know about anyone else, but i've only been coming to this forum to read about the Pandora developments and I don't really know anybody here. I'm sure there are plenty of lurkers doing the same thing, so maybe it would be nice to know a little about the people working for the project.

Could this possibly be made a sticky post too?

Thanks.

Introductions:

DJWillis said:
I guess what people know is my name (David-John Willis) and the fact I have been hacking around with the kernel, bootloader and open embedded build rules for the Pandora as a fun distraction from the day job.

My background on the embedded/console side is GP32/GP2X with a smattering of other consoles and a lot of WinCE hacking for good measure. I also do a lot of work with embedded telemetry stuff. My day job is in another more MS focused :eek: field. You can see my CV if you want to offer me a good job ;) otherwise, no chance.

No need to look for photos of me, just lookup the elephant man after a car crash to get an idea of the level of my hideousness.

Last edited by a moderator:
And pictures please!
In my opinion it very important to relate to someone to know what he looks like.

I think I saw a pic of Craig in that GamesTM article, I don't know if it was him though.

Oh, and I saw ED on some German TV show.

I'd be curious to know their career backgrounds, I'm sure they'd be interesting.

PlopperZ said:
I think I saw a pic of Craig in that GamesTM article, I don't know if it was him though.
There was one of him drunk at a party in London (I think?) that did the rounds for a while :lol:
EDIT: It could have been taken at the Joint Amiga/GP2X show that they did?
PlopperZ said:
Oh, and I saw ED on some German TV show.
That should be in the 2x file repo under media. It used to be anyway :unsure:
EDIT: Here it is.. Part1, part2, part3 and part4.
PlopperZ said:
I'd be curious to know their career backgrounds, I'm sure they'd be interesting.
The only one that I don't know anything about is Fatih. Anyone care to enlighten me?

This may be the picture you're referring to.

I'm sure you all mean well, but this is getting a bit creepy / stalkerish :p If these guys wanted to give out personal info / photos, then they'd have them in their profiles.

Imho that's one part of openness. I have seen and met lots of oss-coders and it's just neat to know the person which invented something you work with everyday.

Chip said:
This may be the picture you're referring to.

Nah.. he looked way more wasted in the one that I'm on about :D
Chip said:
I'm sure you all mean well, but this is getting a bit creepy / stalkerish :p If these guys wanted to give out personal info / photos, then they'd have them in their profiles.
People always feel better about being able to put a face to a name (especially when they are parting with cash) and knowing their professional backgrounds and experience would inspire confidence in the work that they are doing for some of the newer forum members IMO.

Personally I don't care. I know that these guys won't fail and I have every confidence in the work that they have already done and the work that's still to come. It's always fun to laugh at other peoples photo's though :lol:

Eh, I'd rather them all just use as much time as possible working on Pandora, to tell you the truth. Besides, I agree with Chip; personal lives should occasionally be kept... personal. :lol: If it's a professional bio or whatever, that'd be cool, but seeing as most everyone here is already convinced that Pandora will be awesome, (if it ever comes out :p ) I don't see why you'd need to see anything of the like for reassurance.

The more open a project, people expect it to be even more open.

Did you have personal bios or CVs for GP or GPH people? Or Sony/Nintendo/Sega/Atari etc when they all started? Asus or Acer?

"This is an open project, so I need to know your shoe size and what you did on Saturday night!"

I need to know what they did on saturday night. Because if it wasn't working on the pandora, they should get back to work!

(kidding)

TaG said:
"This is an open project, so I need to know your shoe size and what you did on Saturday night!"
;), oh well, in the ‘spirit’ of the thread….

Size 13 (UK) - Pasta with some sautéed mushrooms drizzled in Truffle oil and some grated Parmesan, washed down with a glass of Pinot Noir.

Kyosys said:
I need to know what they did on saturday night. Because if it wasn't working on the pandora, they should get back to work!
That's me screwed then :D. I was busy messing about with Wii Fit and Mario Cart.

Anyway, just to minimise the stalking lets see what is in the public domain.

I guess what people know is my name (David-John Willis) and the fact I have been hacking around with the kernel, bootloader and open embedded build rules for the Pandora as a fun distraction from the day job.

My background on the embedded/console side is GP32/GP2X with a smattering of other consoles and a lot of WinCE hacking for good measure. I also do a lot of work with embedded telemetry stuff. My day job is in another more MS focused :eek: field. You can see my CV if you want to offer me a good job ;) otherwise, no chance.

No need to look for photos of me, just lookup the elephant man after a car crash to get an idea of the level of my hideousness.

doesn't ANYONE work on saturday nights anymore? What is it with you lazy people, no wonder we keep getting delayed!!!

:D

I'll just quote myself from back when I replied to a similar thread in June:

Most of them have been around for years and years. EvilDragon was once just a prolific member here (more than 5 years ago), but eventually made the GP32/GP2X file archives, started the main German community and became the official German GP2X distributor. craigix was (and is) the owner of a reliable UK-based online gaming store who got interested in the GP32 console and began showing up on these forums and organizing software contests. DaveC, DJWillis and Squidge are also well-known and respected members; DaveC did a number of unofficial hardware modifications for the GP32 & GP2X (mostly joystick-related), and DJWillis and Squidge created some often-used software. Fatih & MWeston came after I left a few years ago, I think (I only came back recently, upon hearing about the Pandora), so I don't know too much about them, just that MWeston's mainly in charge of the hardware and Fatih lives in Turkey.

That's what I know, anyway. Most of the developers have a fairly long history in this community and had greatly contributed to it long before the Pandora concept came up, so there's some built up trust.

Esn said:
I'll just quote myself from back when I replied to a similar thread in June:

Most of them have been around for years and years. EvilDragon was once just a prolific member here (more ...
MWeston's mainly in charge of the hardware and Fatih lives in Turkey.

That's what I know, anyway. Most of the developers have a fairly long history in this community and had greatly contributed to it long before the Pandora concept came up, so there's some built up trust.
How about the TI guy?

Back