Staff Introductions

TaG said:
The more open a project, people expect it to be even more open.

Did you have personal bios or CVs for GP or GPH people? Or Sony/Nintendo/Sega/Atari etc when they all started? Asus or Acer?

"This is an open project, so I need to know your shoe size and what you did on Saturday night!"

Well, what if Saturday night a very interesting night with lots of juicy possible untold tales? I'd like to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn said:
Fatih lives in Turkey.

That's what I know, anyway. Most of the developers have a fairly long history in this community and had greatly contributed to it long before the Pandora concept came up, so there's some built up trust.
Hmm, that explains it, I was talking with Fatih quite a bit on how to implement Video/Svideo on a headphones port back in the dawn of the GP2X era.

I thought he was the Turkish GPH distributor.

I guess if anyone has a quick blurb about MWeston and Fatih that would be helpful - especially in Fatih's case.

Esn said:
Fatih lives in Turkey.
Whilst all the other members mentioned in your reply are given some clue as to their areas of expertise ("DaveC did a number of unofficial hardware modifications", "DJWillis and Squidge created some often-used software") the only information thusfar is that "Fatih lives in Turkey".

Living in Turkey does present its own challenges (dealing with the wonderful sunshine and the proximity to the warm waters of both the Black Sea and the Mediterranean) but I can't see how these link to the development of the Pandora.

Is he in charge of the cooling for the Pandora? :unsure:

Clarkycat said:
Is he in charge of the cooling for the Pandora? :unsure:

If it helps, he's in this picture (which Chip linked to earlier in the thread) with Craig and ED. That's from when they were in South Korea talking to GPH about the GP2X design & distribution. Extrapolating from that and from his post history, it seems likely that he was the Turkish GP2X distributor. This is his board profile.

Honestly, I really didn't expect that I would be the voice of expertise here. I was only here for the GP32 era and the first month or so of the GP2X era; surely some things happened since then. :unsure:

Esn said:
What TI guy? I listed all the people mentioned on openpandora.org. Is there someone else?
The beagleboard TI guy that got the OMAP cpu and developers from TI to help MWeston and others.

I believe he's posted on here but I forget his handle.

Esn said:
If it helps, he's in this picture (which Chip linked to earlier in the thread) with Craig and ED. That's from when they were in South Korea talking to GPH about the GP2X design & distribution. Extrapolating from that and from his post history, it seems likely that he was the Turkish GP2X distributor. This is his board profile.

Well, that certainly makes it clearer. It's a shame, I was picturing the first meeting of Pandora devs, Craig standing on a podium addressing the eager team, handing out jobs to all.

"DaveC and MWeston - you guys dive on the hardware and design!"
"DJWillis and Squidge - you guys get to work on some software!"

*cheers all round, but then a quiet voice pops up from the back*

"What about me?", says Fatih.

"Sorry Fatih - we've got all the posts covered. How about you go and live in Turkey for a few years?"

Clarkycat said:
Well, that certainly makes it clearer. It's a shame, I was picturing the first meeting of Pandora devs, Craig standing on a podium addressing the eager team, handing out jobs to all.

"DaveC and MWeston - you guys dive on the hardware and design!"
"DJWillis and Squidge - you guys get to work on some software!"

*cheers all round, but then a quiet voice pops up from the back*

"What about me?", says Fatih.

"Sorry Fatih - we've got all the posts covered. How about you go and live in Turkey for a few years?"
:lol:

Thanks for that.

Back