GP2X Stanless Steel Gp2x

seen12

Still Fresh
I just thought it be rad to buy a replacement shell for my gp2x made out of steel, maybe rubberized, or brushed steel.

Maybe you can make it look like this:

gp2x2pe4.jpg

;)

I want one made of lead, It would be cool and only weigh around 25 kilos. :D

No seriously, I think the material you are looking for is Aluminum, Alloy, Or maybe even brushed Aluminum.

Trooper

SiDCrAzY said:
Maybe you can make it look like this:

gp2x2pe4.jpg

;)
it could be done, you could make a skin out of thin steel, that just cover the top like in the pic. like a big sticker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or what about a faux metal covering? I believe there are places where you can buy very thin film that looks like aluminium, but I don't know where or what it's called. I think someone somewhere said it was used in some Apple hardware to make it look like metal. Anybody got a clue?

I wouldn't mind one made out of transparent plastic. It'd be pretty cool to carry around. Maybe with a red tint and red LEDs? That's look pretty nice in my opinion.

Problem with silver is it would have to be painted. Eventually the paint starts wearing off and it looks aweful. I like solid color plastics much better. Black is perfect. Wont yellow over time either.

linoleum13 said:
I could sputter something on a regular GP2X in my lab. Gold anyone? Copper? Tantalum? (hehe)

cheese!!!!!

grahf said:
Problem with silver is it would have to be painted. Eventually the paint starts wearing off and it looks aweful. I like solid color plastics much better. Black is perfect. Wont yellow over time either.
Well put. I don't mind other colors, but white and silver look so cheap after a short time. Uagh! :p

Back