Starcraft Released...

Very interesting, and it would be nice if a GP2X version will be made in the future.

I agree with Blah though, this is the wrong forum to post this. :p

Pulled from the site, the only thing im not sure about is Lua (all i know about it, is thats its a scripting language), the other im pretty sure all the others could be ported.

Installation instructions for Stratagus 2.1
Software Requirements

* A supported operating system: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, BSD, possibly any other Unix/POSIX OS.
* SDL (required).
* libpng (required).
* zlib (required).
* Lua 5.0.2 (required).
* libogg/libvorbis (recommended).
* libmikmod (recommended).
* libbzip2 (optional).

Hardware Requirements

* Processor: A 300 MHz CPU (faster recommended).
NOTE: Stratagus is believed to be endian and word size safe, so other architectures like (big endian) PPC or (64bit) Alpha should also work at least with Linux.
* Memory: 64 MB of RAM.
* Video Card: Any graphics card that can handle 16 bpp and 640x480 is supported. (Use of OpenGL requires a 32MB Card)
* Sound Card: Optional.

Stratagus would be a great port to the GP2X (if it is indeed capable). Would be awesome on the F200.

Just tried out the DS homebrew game in the 1st post, and as I expected it's no where near finished. I can't imagine it being completed by the end of this year.

Echomote said:
Stratagus would be a great port to the GP2X (if it is indeed capable). Would be awesome on the F200.
Just tried out the DS homebrew game in the 1st post, and as I expected it's no where near finished. I can't imagine it being completed by the end of this year.

Even the modification done to Stratagus for starcraft isnt complete. Seems active though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember another StarCraft remake (for the PSP) also programmed in LUA. These projects have the curse of always dying early. The work needed to finish such a game is simply beyond the means of a few individuals, no matter how talented. I can't say I never fantasized about such a project though... :D I wonder if they'll manage to slip under Blizzard's radar.

Pickle said:
* Processor: A 300 MHz CPU (faster recommended).
NOTE: Stratagus is believed to be endian and word size safe, so other architectures like (big endian) PPC or (64bit) Alpha should also work at least with Linux.
* Memory: 64 MB of RAM.
* Video Card: Any graphics card that can handle 16 bpp and 640x480 is supported. (Use of OpenGL requires a 32MB Card)
* Sound Card: Optional.
That's funny, because Starcraft only required a 90MHz CPU (if not less) and 8-bit graphics. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back