Starcraft Running On Omap3430

Phawx

Professional Derailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoxSCQb_d4s&feature=player_embedded

Not quite
mali said:
FragMage said:
I came across this today: http://dailymobile.se/2010/01/11/starcraft-running-on-the-nokia-n900-gameplay/

Being able to run starcraft and warcraft 2 on the N900 seems to me that it will run on the Pandora too.
Or do I miss something here?
It's stargus(stratagus), so it's not the original engine. The AI is different and some features are missing. Let me find the quote from TMO...

Edit:
Can't find it right now, check this instead:
http://stargus.sourceforge.net/features/

TMO thread
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=39720

[edit] Sniped back! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
There is always the N64 version though... it's not perfect but it should run just fine on the new mupen64! How about a video from someone who has access to a devboard?

Its funny, some posts below is the first post of a guy about starcraft, then he get flamed down, then another creates a new post about starcraft with visual proof, lets see how those flamers react this time...?

its not starcraft on wine, its a totally different opensource engine, called stratagus or stargus, so gameplay isnt exactly the same.

i might try it but from the looks of it it wont satisfy me.

Evan~NL said:
Its funny, some posts below is the first post of a guy about starcraft, then he get flamed down, then another creates a new post about starcraft with visual proof, lets see how those flamers react this time...?
You can't be serious. That post was almost nothing but civility and helpfulness. There were points about why it wouldn't work, and suggestions on alternatives. The only time any sort of "flaming" happened was when GG made an offhand comment which suggested the poster was an "idiot", and if being called an idiot in one post against 20 helpful ones, then I suggest you avoid most of the internet, lest your head explode.

The wargus gp2x port worked quite well surprisingly. Would be great to have starcraft running on a pandora, but as said before, stargus/stratagus last time i looked was dead.

The thing with Stargus/Stratagus is that, whilst it looks good in a video, it's an unplayable useless shadow of the almighty Starcraft, may its name be praised forever as one of the greatest RTS games of all time.

However, perhaps some videos/ports to the Pandora would ignite some new development interest in this fairly advanced reimplementation of the engine. It's certainly come too far to simply be ignored! Obviously the need for original Starcraft data is a stickler, but anyone who doesn't own Starcraft probably missed the boat and doesn't care.

Evan~NL said:
You misunderstand.

"Can [X] Run on Wine?" -- No. You should have read the READ THIS FIRST thread.

"Do open source clones of popular software exist?" -- Sometimes, but they often don't work very well.

"Here is PROOF of something you already know exists." -- Ok, that's kind of neat.

Got it?

Mutilator said:
The wargus gp2x port worked quite well surprisingly. Would be great to have starcraft running on a pandora, but as said before, stargus/stratagus last time i looked was dead.
It worked but it was not that much fun to play Warcraft 2 onto a GP2X, at least onto my F100 with crappy D-Stick :lol: (I really spent some time into this game)
Wargus itself has still some bugs, AI is not that useful and actualy there are lots of things to improve. I hope, for the Pandora we will see more than a quick, straight port.

Hey Mali; What speeds (system) can DOSbox emulate?
I would love to play Fallout and Fallout 2!
They require (Fallout 1) 70-90Mhz: ( Fallout 2 ) 70-120mhz (MAX).

Are these possible? Can DOSbox have save files aswell? I'm new to all of these things.

Wiki links are in the names.

I'll leave the answers to more knowledgable members as I'm no expert :)

Edit:
The latest DOSBox thread
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51089-dosbox-demo-video/

fusion_power said:
Mutilator said:
It worked but it was not that much fun to play Warcraft 2 onto a GP2X, at least onto my F100 with crappy D-Stick :lol: (I really spent some time into this game)Wargus itself has still some bugs, AI is not that useful and actualy there are lots of things to improve. I hope, for the Pandora we will see more than a quick, straight port.

I have a f200, so the touchscreen made it sort of playable, though it still didnt make it something you would play the game through with.

Laurent said:
IIRC Chip said about 486DX33 or something like that. So it's *very* far from what you want.

I`m pretty sure it was something more like 386 16/20, Though that was not from Chip, But a coder not of the
Pandora development team.

Trooper

Back