starcraft?

ryan27968

on the pandora site they advertize it as being able to run starcraft on windows 95, so how do you get it to actually work? do you use qemu?

Yes, Qemu.. It's a bit of a process as you have to install windows 95 (98 works but a bit slower).. It's a bit challenging for some that never dealt with older DOS/Windows systems.. I suggest reading the QEMU guide on the Pandora Wiki.

Hell, I'd look on eBay and see if anyone is selling one.

You'd be surprised.

I think I might even have a Win95 disk still floating around here somewhere...but I'm not parting with it if I do....

I haven't had any luck porting it, but what would make for a real good version of Warcraft II and Starcraft for the Pandora would be to get a native port of Stratagus and it's respective subversions Wargus(Warcraft II) and Stargus(Starcraft).. There was an older version floating around but it was unstable and never was put into a PND.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't had any luck porting it, but what would make for a real good version of Warcraft II and Starcraft for the Pandora would be to get a native port of Stratagus and it's respective subversions Wargus(Warcraft II) and Stargus(Starcraft).. There was an older version floating around but it was unstable and never was put into a PND.
Did you actually test it ? I need to find my WC2 CD first before I can try it out. Too bad the resolution patch shaokahn provided isn't available anymore. If anyone else is interested, here is the link to pickles thread.

Maybe mcobit can help us out summoning the mighty Pickle once more ?

Did you actually test it ? I need to find my WC2 CD first before I can try it out. Too bad the resolution patch shaokahn provided isn't available anymore. If anyone else is interested, here is the link to pickles thread.

Maybe mcobit can help us out summoning the mighty Pickle once more ?

Yeah I had Pickles version working, but from what I remember was really crash prone. to get warcraft II working I needed to install the regular PC version of Stratagus and Wargus( Was an older version, newest version won't work) to use the Utility to convert the data from the original DOS CD(Windows version won't work). Unfortunately you can't just drag and drop the data files in. Too bad the SD card I had this working on got corrupt.

http://stargus.sourc...e.net/features/

Seeing this, I don't believe that Stargus is a real replacement for Starcraft right now.

Well their webpage hasn't updated in years but they update their code more often..

https://code.launchpad.net/stargus

From what I played it seems good for quick skirmishes and I swore at least some of the campaign mode worked despite what the page says. But porting Stratagus would also allow some other RTS like games to be played as well.

picklesignal.png

Back