Startup Problem

RaZoR

Still Fresh
Hi everybody guys, I Just Bought A Second Hand GP2X F100 and soon after it begins to have a very annoying problem.
After the Boot the green screen with the logo start to buzz and the console is blocked , how the hell can I risolve this? The batteries are almost new the memory card is a Sandisk 2.0 gb SD with a SNES emulator with a Star Ocean ROM

Are they normal batteries or heavy duty 2700mAh rechargables? If the former, I'm suprised they work at all.

legoboy1234 said:
my gp2x did that with standard batteries. put some nickel metal hydride batteries in and it will work
Well, for over a year I have been using Duracell 2650 mah batteries. Lately I have my gp2x freeze at the green gp2x screen. I restart it the 2nd time and it will work fine. This always happens running off the batteries. If I use the AC adapter everything is fine. It doesn't matter if it's overclocked, underclocked or at 200mhz, it freezes a lot, and at random times. Most of the time it's only within a minute of running a program. The batteries are fully charged and work for hours in other devices. Does anyone think it could be my contacts with the batteries that are an issue, or could it be something more hardware oriented? Again everything works great for hours off of an AC adapter, but that doesn't help me when I'm taking my :gp2x on the go. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duracell 2650 mah batteries. like any other rechargeable battery's can only be recharged so many times until they start to give false fully charged readings and need to be replaced....

yeah, my old mp3 player ran off a AAA battery and i recharged my 2700 nimh AAA battery too much, then it died when it was transferring:( now my new one has a lithium-ion battery. why doesn't the gp2x have a lithium ion battery like the ds or psp?

RaZoR said:
The batteries are almost new

Never underestimate the power that gp2x sucks from batteries.. Battery capacity aside, "almost new" batteries may still just be used up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back