State of the pyra

And the Bad Experience whit the Chinese Case Faktory where EvilDragon had to deal during the Pandora Projekt..

Mybe its also a bit to easy to say: all Chinese Faktorys are awefull, and all European/Greece Faktorys are awesome, at the end of the Day, the Chinese are just normal Peaple like you and me, but they have poorer Work Conditions, so some stuff can happen faster, etc and if you have your faktory at a place where other factorys also are (like i beliefe GPD), than everything is much more easy..

There are good chinese companies and bad europe companies too. The trick is to find the right company that fulfill your needs in a decent ammount of time and money. Devices like the GPD handhelds show, that chiense companies indeed can make good quality cases, and the greek case company shows that not all EU companies are capable of doing such complex stuff, altough they are a experienced company with alot of different kinds of plastic products. Just nothing as complex as the Pyra case is. (I'm still convinced that this is also a design issue to some degree, that could have been easier to solve with different design approaches of the Pyra Case).

For the record GPD have 30 people, most of which are Marketing and sales etc. They have a handfull of people that actually design products like pcb, cases etc - probably around 5

Of course still more than ED has.

The biggest ticket for them is that they are located in Shenzhen right in the middle of a stack of other companies that can do anything , all within arms reach so to speak. All the part suppliers, 3D modelers, Case moulders, pcb makers and populators etc etc are all there. That makes developing things a lot quicker

Back