Status Of Psx4gp2x Work Being Done :)

Douglas McIntosh said:
Douglas McIntosh said:
evol said:
Douglas McIntosh said:
What About Linux ?

I initially used actoneiso2 to rip my psx discs.

http://www.acetoneteam.org/central.html

They worked well with previous betas. Now they do not seem to work at all. Anyone know the best command line for ripping psx cds under linux.

Brilliant work though.

cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --datafile gamename.bin --device /dev/cdrom gamename.toc

You are a very nice person.

You are a very nice person but the rips still do not work with the latest beta for me. They work fine with the previous release. Have tried both colony wars and grandia.

After telling me the game has loaded successfully the screen just remains black and nothing happens. Is there some other blindingly obvious thing I have missed ?

Thanks,

Douglas

hmm i use these combinations to rip and they work for me. ill look in to other means of ripping and post the results later.

http://linuxreviews.org/howtos/cdrecording/#toc11

Last edited by a moderator:
Word is Unai got frameskip working on psx4all! :)
I also finally fixed a bug in my new dynarec Im working on. Yup, I rewrote the dynarec with some new inspiration in mind. I am now using constant propagation. I have a lot of optimizations to do for it, but it might turn out better than expected. ;)

Also, Unai and I have been speaking to Unai about psx4all. I helped get Hlide a donated GP2X. Hlide is a very smart guy who knows his way around emulation far beyond me. He is interested in getting either psx4all retooled, or helping us rewrite it from scratch.

Hlide has been focused on getting the second CPU utilized. We are considering mapping IO memory ranges to the GP2X, and moving the dynarec core to the 940 (second cpu). So very good to have him onboard. :)

zodttd said:
Also, Unai and I have been speaking to Unai about psx4all.
Unai who exists in multiple places?

In all seriousness though, that's some kind of awesome. Really looking forward to these new steps.

A very good news indeed, it shows that you are alwyas full of good ideas to make Psx4gp2x progress!

You have all my attention for some weeks now :) (sorry if that won't help you much lol)

"Also, Unai and I have been speaking to Unai about psx4all."
"Unai who exists in multiple places?"

Yeah, Unai is magical like that. ;P

I just integrated Unai's latest GPU with frameskipping in place, and WOW! Many games will soon be running "fullspeed". All with a frameskip of 1/2 (every other frame drawn, the typical frameskip 1), or 1/3 (skip one out of 3 frames). This is going to be huge. :)

Also of note is my new dynarec is improving and will soon be faster as the previous one. When it gets up to speed, and some minor stuff I want to comment about the frameskip is worked out with Unai, a release will come. :)

Awesome work zodttd and unai!!
It'd be great if Unai could be in two places or at least split in two that way we could have him working on PSX4ALL like 2x more :p

Not that the last few version have not been impressive... but this next one sounds like it will be truly take us to a new level. Sounds like we just jumped past beta 5 to beta 10...???

wow... i was never into PSX, but just the fact that you guys CAN DO IT amazes me :)

zodttd said:
I just integrated Unai's latest GPU with frameskipping in place, and WOW! Many games will soon be running "fullspeed". All with a frameskip of 1/2 (every other frame drawn, the typical frameskip 1), or 1/3 (skip one out of 3 frames). This is going to be huge. :)

Also of note is my new dynarec is improving and will soon be faster as the previous one. When it gets up to speed, and some minor stuff I want to comment about the frameskip is worked out with Unai, a release will come. :)
EDIT: I just donated out of amazement :)

Sounds good. I imagine it'll take a little while longer before it's actually full full-speed, but it sounds as though you guys are all getting a lot closer.

Also, welcome to the team Hlide :)

I took some time to test Jumping Flash 1 with the 17/07 release.
Awesome, it's almost playable. I tested it with a very old release long time ago and it was lagging
I'll post some more details tonight.
I have some strange 3d problems. I see the triangles (polygons?) of everything.

Thank all of you again for your hard work!

Lord Zodttd can't stop to impress me :D REAL good job guys :D
Welcome Hilde, and Thanks you very much for your hard works !

paxl13

Back