Steam Machines, Almost One Year Later

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
A brief recap I have just published on BoilingSteam about the Steam Machines' current status, about a year after their announcement.

--> Continue Reading

steammachinespromo.png

Last edited by a moderator:
if this was reddit, id downvote you for clickbaiting. you are the worst
 where is the clickbait ? the article title is very much correlated with the content.
I think he is referring to the fact that you often advertise articles you write on other sites (pandoralive, linuxsomethinggaming) in the forums. Which, while I'm not consenting completly to it, isn't really a big thing or worth making posts about.

advertise articles you write on other sites (pandoralive, linuxsomethinggaming) in the forums
So what? It's very much targeted, it's not like I post LOLcats in here or something. It's either pandora or Linux related.

, isn't really a big thing or worth making posts about.
That's up to people here to decide. Incidentally, I usually get more positive feedback on my articles than negative ones, so it would seem they are usually useful more often than not. And you know, if someone is not interested, ignoring them is always an option (there is even a button for that if you want to forever ignore a certain poster. Please use it!). By the way, I don't see DaMummy flagging all the kickstarters projects posted in these forums, which could be considered as clickbait for a number of reasons as well.

I'd also like to point out that none of my website have any advertising or any fee associated to them, so it's all provided as a free service without any monetary benefit for anyone. just saying.

If someone is interested in your blogs, then he have it already syndicated in their RSS reader anyway.

I do have pandoralive in my rss feed.

This is the 4th or 5th advertisement you made here about your other blog. One should have been enough...

I appreciate the links, as I have yet to set up an RSS reader that I remember to check consistently. It makes sense to have your Boiling Steam stuff be posted to the Off Topic section.

Also, I think thatgui's comment was vague in regards to which post they were calling not worth making, and am not sure you should take it so negatively. I interpreted it to mean that posts complaining about your "advertisements" are the ones that are not worthwhile.

Thanks for the article, I will be reading it either over lunch or later tonight. :)

Mini-ITX motherboard solutions are very viable at the moment and most can handle desktop processors, it's not like the old days of low performance VIA solutions.

I was interested in the article and I wouldn't have have come across it if it wasn't posted here. Just because they wrote it doesn't mean they shouldn't post it for others to discuss. Would people complain if he posted it and didn't write it? Also consider that him writing it has the added bonus of us being able to talk to the author which is a plus not a negative.

advertise articles you write on other sites (pandoralive, linuxsomethinggaming) in the forums
So what? It's very much targeted, it's not like I post LOLcats in here or something. It's either pandora or Linux related.

, isn't really a big thing or worth making posts about.
That's up to people here to decide. Incidentally, I usually get more positive feedback on my articles than negative ones, so it would seem they are usually useful more often than not. And you know, if someone is not interested, ignoring them is always an option (there is even a button for that if you want to forever ignore a certain poster. Please use it!). By the way, I don't see DaMummy flagging all the kickstarters projects posted in these forums, which could be considered as clickbait for a number of reasons as well.

I'd also like to point out that none of my website have any advertising or any fee associated to them, so it's all provided as a free service without any monetary benefit for anyone. just saying.
Ahh, that came out completly the wrong way. It was meant as - "I don't think its a good thing to do, but it not something people need to create a fuzz about, as its easy to ignore, one single post (usually in the right section), thats it.

Sorry for creating that "buzz" I intended to condemn.

Well I'm thankful for the articles you write they're really neat and give insight Into things I'd never learn about otherwise! :)

Mini-ITX motherboard solutions are very viable at the moment and most can handle desktop processors, it's not like the old days of low performance VIA solutions.
I've seen a few of those mini boards with Pcie ports. You could easily get a ribbon extender cable and make a pretty powerful little rig.for under 600! Pretty neat. I've thought about making a small gaming rig for quite some time since laptop hds always go onsale!

^ I built myself a small Linux gaming rig a few weeks ago actually, I'm reusing a video card (Internal GPU drivers not quite working well in Linux yet) and Power supply from my old desktop... I did spent a bit on a fancy case.. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130756

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113359

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112348

I could of bought a smaller case, but I was sold on that one.. it's still small..

^ I built myself a small Linux gaming rig a few weeks ago actually, I'm reusing a video card (Internal GPU drivers not quite working well in Linux yet) and Power supply from my old desktop... I did spent a bit on a fancy case.. 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130756

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113359

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112348

I could of bought a smaller case, but I was sold on that one.. it's still small..
This MoBo+APU combo have a very good performance for its price, especially if you over clock it. BF4 under Windows is running flawlessly on a medium to high settings with solid 60fps.

Unfortunately as always the linux driver support sucks, and having this APU is all about the internal GPU.

Back