Stellarium

Thunderchild

Website
Visit site
I wondered if Stellarium could be ported to the 2x, would be much handier in the garden than a bloody great laptop aftecting the light!!!

http://www.stellarium.org/

It already has a Linux version.

I am no developer and bow down in appreciation of all those who do develop. I just wanted to know if it could be done and if any one could / would do it.

Sam

If anything, This could be the stumping block.

What are Stellarium's system requirements?

A graphics card capable of rendering OpenGL. A Riva TNT2, released in 1999 or 2000, should do. Stellarium is also fairly processor intensive, so you will get higher framerates with faster processors. Any reasonably recent computer should be able to run Stellarium. Furthermore your computer should be running a Linux, Windows or MacOSX operating system.

To give you an idea of what's possible, we've had success with these older computers:
Pentium III 800Mhz, 128MB RAM, Intel on board graphics (under Windows XP).
AMD K6 400 Mhz, 256MB RAM, Nvidia Gforce2 AGP, DirectX 9.0 (Windows XP)

Plus, I`m not to sure how useful/viewable all that detail/information would be on a 320 x 240 screen. :blink:

Trooper

virusx said:
This could be great on the Gp2X.
Yeah, I know. its running on plam o/s so I would imagine that you would get enough detail to see it on the smaller screen. But I can see the 2x not being able to run it tho. Shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back