Sterm 0.3 Released

mwolson

Still Fresh
Website
mwolson.org
STerm is a simple terminal emulator with an on-screen keyboard.

This version includes support for the USB keyboard, a 2-line on-screen keyboard, status indicators, and miscellaneous bugfixes. See the NEWS file for details. I checked with the original author to make sure that he approved the upload of my version to the file archive.

URL: here

Awesome-ness. I was in class today and my professor was talking about vi, so I whipped out my GP2X and started up STerm and was following his instructions on the board. He looked at me funny, like "Why are you playing games in the middle of class?" but after class I showed him what I was doing with vi and he was astounded.

coolness, much better than the huge line you had to scroll through. I admit the keyboard in caps confused me until I actually tried typing

hehe nice job!

A_SN posted on Jul 19 2006 at 06:41 AM said:
coolness, much better than the huge line you had to scroll through. I admit the keyboard in caps confused me until I actually tried typing
The reason for uppercasing the letters on the on-screen keyboard is that the very last line of the screen gets cut off. With uppercase letters this is not noticable, but you can definitely tell with lowercase letters. Also, the keys on a real keyboard are uppercased, so I figured it would look more natural.

Last edited by a moderator:
This new version confuses me lol. I was so used to the scrolling, it almost feels weird now. Also, sometimes on the bottom line of the keyboard when going from right to left over the letters, it shoots across and isntead of going every 1, it shoots about 5 in one spot. Dunno why.

PSyMastR posted on Jul 19 2006 at 02:28 PM said:
This new version confuses me lol. I was so used to the scrolling, it almost feels weird now. Also, sometimes on the bottom line of the keyboard when going from right to left over the letters, it shoots across and isntead of going every 1, it shoots about 5 in one spot. Dunno why.
It could be that you're almost on the diagonals when you move the joystick. Then it would send events like: left, left/up, left, left/up (for example).

Back