Sticky D-pad

markwparrish

Still Fresh
I purchased a F200 about 6 weeks ago and have probably only had about 6-10 hours of plasy on it. The left button on the d-pad is sticking. Sometimes it stays pressed in and will not pop out.
I bought from the GP2X store and in dealing with them in another problem see they will be no help.

Is this common? Easily fixed?
If I pop the case will I be able to re-seat a connector or something to make the button function correctly.

The fact you say it sticks means one of two things - 1) a sticky surface, unlikely; or 2) part of the contact rubber or D-pad cross is catching slightly on the very edge of the case.

Open the system up, check both the above and put the case back; should cure problem; if not, send it back for replacement.

Thanks for the advice. I was about to open up the case thought I'd try the d-pad one more time and now the stickiness is completely gone.
I did have this problem when I was at a ski resort in Colorado. Didn't have a problem on the flight over but noticed it when playing on the bus to the resort. I wonder if the high altitude was causing it somehow. As long as it works I'm happy.

Back