Stock of replacement battery/Future lighter batteries?

peelie

Hi

Tried to search to see if this question has been posed in a single post before but no luck, hopefully not repeating a post! I do remember people posing it here and there in various threads.

- How much stock of spare batteries does OpenPandora have?

- And has OP looked into available lighter weight batteries ? Is it possible for the future?

Curious since I am testing my battery and so using just a mains power source with Pandora, the difference in weight is appreciable!

cheers

I don't see them cutting the weight of the battery anytime soon, as you are in the minority on wanting a lighter system over one with better battery life.

It's so interesting how people have such diverse priorities.

I, for instance, would happily double the weight of my Pandora for an extra half of our current battery capacity.

Why oh why do you want it to be lighter? Smaller maybe... But lighter? Why? :-||

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I think a P2 should have a internal 3Ah battery, and optional 3Ah battery pack (stackable)

But that is many Two Monthses in the future :unsure:

Internal batteries are bad mojo; guaranteed to be more difficult to replace than just a straight battery pack, plus the overhead of supporting stackable batteries like that (not as simple a problem as you may think) you are far better off just using a single 6Ah battery pack than two 3Ah ones.

Ideally the charging chip in any future device OPT comes up with will support switching to constant voltage mode on a live system so that you can hot swap the battery if it is running out.

Hot-swaping batteries would be cool. Wouldn't you need a relatively bulky power reserve to keep things going while you swapped?

I was thinking that it would give people the option for a larger or smaller battery rather than a comprimise. By internal I meant to say a 3Ah battery that is assumed to be there in the case design (like in the current model, just a bit smaller). Then those who wished could fit an extra 3Ah block on the underneath for a fat, long life P2.

The problems are mechanical (how to you fit it on without breakable/dirt attracting slot/tabs) and electrical (I think)

It does feel a bit rubbish that there are awesome P2 plans flying around and we don't get to see them (hint?) :rolleyes:

Fusion reactor?

edit

I mean cold fusion

Last edited by a moderator:
Back