Strategy games for NES or Master System

skysnapper

sleep is for wimps
Website
Visit site
Got to fly out to germany tommorrow so filling up my media card, 400 games so far off every genre so far but can't find / don't know of any strategy games managed to find famiwars whihc looks good...

Before anyone tells me look at the atari st emu .. i know but i find them fiddly and finding a working rom is hassle for st, i've only got console stuff plus i want an easy pick and play console game :) i'm lazy you see and i haven't got much time ;)

Oh yeah SNes is out too while there i no emu playable in my eyes ;)

I'm happy as a pigi n shit with gpengine, little john and fsms32 B)

I haven't actually played them and they're technically gamegear and not SMS, but there were 2 Shining Force games on GG which should be fully playable in GP32 emulators. I know there were quite a few NES strategy games, particuarly the ones with the hexagonal grids.

Defender Of The Crown was on NES, would that count as strategy?

If you like Ogre Battle type psuedo Strategy games, try Destiny of an Emporer(/2) for the NES. If you like more complicated, harder games, try Romance of the three Kingdoms, or Nobunaga's Ambition.

I hope that helped.

If you don't mind filling up your carts even more, most strategy games work fine on even the current incarnation of SNES9xGP. I've been playing Ogre Battle for the SNES with sound on at frameskip 4 or 5 without problem. Turn-based strategy games are usually not very graphically impressive, so there shouldn't be much of a problem. Bahamut Lagoon shouldn't even be a problem. If you care about sound, SNESEmu will be more then enough speed.

Although, this doesn't exactly answer your question. Well, let me see...there's probably a GG spin-off of Langrisser. The NES will be smaller pickins for strategy games, since the computation and variable requirements were a bit staggering back then.

Back