Unusual Or Original Games

BaDToaD

"Very" Old Timer
Website
cwhippogames.wixsite.com
Having just read the Katamari Damacy thread it got me thinking about all the unusual games I've played on various systems in the past. So I thought why not make a thread about all the unusual or original games available for the GP32 via emulation or homebrew. Or even the games that redifne a genre via a subtle twist in gameplay. If we post our favorites here then those people who are bored of their GP need look no further than here for something different.

I'll suggest the following.

c64 via Frodo.

Rock 'n' Bolt. Isometric platformer where you have to bolt the platform into place before moving to the next level.

Wizball. Excellent game. Difficult to describe. It's kind of a shoot 'em up where you have to collect colours to colour the level. Trust me if you haven't tried this game you'll love it. It's superb.

ST Via caSTaway.

Wizball again. For those that don't have frodo installed.

Little Computer People. Tamagotchi! Pah! These little guys can do many of the things you can do. Cook, eat, feed the dog. Sleep. Play on their Computer, type you letters, dance, play the piano, play word games and cards with you etc. Excellent fun from nearly 20 years ago. (if someone figures out how to get the control keys to work so you can interact with the LCP even more let me know)

Populous. The first ever god game. As good today as ever and a must if you've never played it.

Homebrew.

Spout. Simple, fun and so addictive. I love it, you will too.

There are loads more so post some here.

A Boy and his Blob for NES, very strange, a jelly bean eating blob following around some kid. Never really got the story behind it, but damn is it fun when you first start the game, throw the blob a tangerine jellybean to turn him into a trampoline. Bounce on it as high as you can possibly go, like 5 or six screens up, then at the very highest point move your guy to the right or left and watch him fall to his death. cracks me up just thinking about it.

SNES:

kirby's Dream course-> great game/speed nearly perfekt (156)
Hebereke's Popoitto -> great puzzle game (like puyo puyo, i think bedder)
Metal Warriors -> yeah! great mech game. nice speed
Spanky's Quest -> puzzle again. but its a bit like mario vs donkey kong (i think...)
Pok -> great!! lets play plok! nice jump & run.
super morph -> a ball which can morph. morph to get through the levels.

that's all for the moment.... gp32_console

Joust is very 'out there' and good for short stints on the gp32

men on vultures bouncing on men on vultures that turn into eggs that hatch into men that ride vultures..........

AAAHHHHHHHHH!

craigix posted on Oct 26 2004 at 07:40 PM said:
Wizkid the sequal to wizball is the oddest and one of the best games i've ever played.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

damn right, you had to block a toilet or something, and give a wolf a newspaper while he was on the bog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Weird Dreams on the st is the weirdest game I've played, the manual was pretty much bonkers as well as I recall. You can play this on the gp32 and it runs very well.

I remember this game on the Nes where you transformed into and airplane to reach the next level. I forget what its called though. Can anybody help me out?

Nice to see someone else cherishes Rock n Bolt, it's a great little game! I always liked Deflektor on the C64 as well, I can't think of any other laser beam / mirror arrangement simulators! The Sentinel was pretty out there too...

®

Shirohagen posted on Oct 27 2004 at 03:00 PM said:
Nice to see someone else cherishes Rock n Bolt, it's a great little game! I always liked Deflektor on the C64 as well, I can't think of any other laser beam / mirror arrangement simulators! The Sentinel was pretty out there too...

®

the sentinel, now THAT was a game! you can play the ST version on CaSTaway using the button mappings that are available from www.gp32world.co.uk
go get them here! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back