Streammygame

jumpman23

Still Fresh
hey everyone. i just emailed streammygame about the pandora port. i was wondering if anyone has already contacted them and got a reply?

Tripmonkey_uk said:
jumpman23 said:
hey everyone. i just emailed streammygame about the pandora port. i was wondering if anyone has already contacted them and got a reply?
Not me. Good luck with that, it would be perfect to use with the Pandora :D

i just found out that the pandora can run .sh files. streammygame has a .sh file version so the pandora can probobly run streammygame

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman23 said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
jumpman23 said:

i just found out that the pandora can run .sh files. streammygame has a .sh file version so the pandora can probobly run streammygame

Umm... no. Without even looking at the site, I would put money down that the sh file you speak of is the installer script for the linux version. One does not make a complex streaming application with a shell script, or for that matter any complex application at all.

BigTruck said:
jumpman23 said:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
jumpman23 said:

Umm... no. Without even looking at the site, I would put money down that the sh file you speak of is the installer script for the linux version. One does not make a complex streaming application with a shell script, or for that matter any complex application at all.

so wat does the sh file do?

jumpman23 said:
To put it in windows terms, it's like the setup file for a windows application, where you get to pick where stuff is installed to and select options. In this case, however, if you were to use it on the Pandora, unless the sh file is compiling it from source (and I very much doubt that streammygame is open source, seeing as how they are a subscription service), you'd be installing an application that you can't run.

BigTruck said:
jumpman23 said:
To put it in windows terms, it's like the setup file for a windows application, where you get to pick where stuff is installed to and select options. In this case, however, if you were to use it on the Pandora, unless the sh file is compiling it from source (and I very much doubt that streammygame is open source, seeing as how they are a subscription service), you'd be installing an application that you can't run.

thanks

craigix said:
It's 'What' not 'Wat'.
325110268.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist. :p

SMG also works of LANs, so I'm guessing over a home network it might be ok. I must say it does seem a touch unlikely over the internet, though.

That said, their non-pay version only works at 640x480, which is borderline conceivable if you're not sending every frame and you're compressing those that you do. I think. From a not-planning-on-trying-to-make-something-that-does-it point of view, anyway.

They do have a table of bandwidth requirements. Mind you, these are the upstream bandwidth requirements for the computer actually running the game (and, presumably, also the downstream requirements for the client computer playing the game). According to my estimate, assuming their estimates are correct, to run fullscreen on the Pandora (800x480) you'd need ~1.6mbps.

StreamMyGame.com said:
256Kbs 320x240
512Kbs 400x300
1Mbs 640x480
2Mbs 800x600
4Mbs 1024x768
8Mbs HDTV 720p
10Mbs HDTV 1080p
100Mbs 3200x2400 Film quality

I've used NX for video and it is very fast. It would be better if NoMachine cooperated, but since the server libraries are free it's not necessary.

Hi,
Sorry for the gravedig.

I posted a topic in their forums last night regarding a Pandora port, and I got a reply this morning.
They said that they are looking into an ARM port, and want to get some Pandoras for testing.

The link to the topic can be found here. You might need to be logged in for it to work.

EDIT: Typo.

PlopperZ said:
Hi,
Sorry for the gravedig.

I posted a topic in their forums last night regarding a Pandora port, and I got a reply this morning.
They said that they are looking into an ARM port, and want to get some Pandoras for "testing".

The link to the topic can be found here. You might need to be logged in for it to work.

EDIT: Typo.

Yes you need an account, but no news since that post this morning. This is awesome, I hope they can port this so badly!!! Thanks for asking them about this PlopperZ.

craigix said:
But back on topic, would the game not be lagged to hell?
It looks like they are using MP4 and just streaming the controls back. If the ping time is in single digit milliseconds I don't see a problem.

My usage would probably be over a home network, via wifi.

I suppose you can test it out on your home network by installing the client on one and the server on the other, via wifi or ethernet as you like.

This might be a good use for a sub $200 q6600, or a sub $100 AMD Tri-Core. Sure they aren't blazing fast processors, but 3-4 cores aren't yet fully used by games, so you could stream some sweet games, even Crysis might be fine @640x480 on a lot of hardware, we will have Crysis, what will the PSP have? ;)

What would be really cool is if you could use a capture card and input simulator to play console games remotely (Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, N64, GC, Wii, X360, PS3), or even play on legacy PC's, like win95 or DOS gaming.

Thanx PlopperZ, I wanted to gravedig this last week ;).

Actually, now that I think of it, I want to put all my consoles in a rack with a PC that has these USB mpeg2 encoders: http://www.lumanate.com/aspx/sptangelusb.aspx , then I can stream my gaming to anywhere in the house without running the consoles around. Via Wifi it would be sick. If you have a good ping time on DSL/Cable to a friend's house or school you could play in a web app.

Imagine playing Crysis or Oblivion on some P4 1.5 Ghz :)

Back