Streammygame

Craig (or anybody who knows), is there an email address where StreamMyGame can contact you?

I know that your PM box is either full, or it'll get buried in with the rest of them.

Kings said:
NX runs damn fast and you can play games. My guess would be that a NX client wouldn't be hard to port. Not to mention the people asking for a VNC client.
Can you play emulators like PCSX2 with NX? It would be awesome if you could play some of the newer console emulators on Pandora with a NX client.

moshansky said:
PlopperZ said:
Hi,
Sorry for the gravedig.

I posted a topic in their forums last night regarding a Pandora port, and I got a reply this morning.
They said that they are looking into an ARM port, and want to get some Pandoras for "testing".

The link to the topic can be found here. You might need to be logged in for it to work.

EDIT: Typo.

Yes you need an account, but no news since that post this morning. This is awesome, I hope they can port this so badly!!! Thanks for asking them about this PlopperZ.

I really hope they can port SMG too. Getting to play all the new PC games on the Pandora would be sweet. I can finally have my Halo portable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kings said:
NX runs damn fast and you can play games. My guess would be that a NX client wouldn't be hard to port. Not to mention the people asking for a VNC client.
But then you'd be limited to Unix based servers on which many games won´t run.
Unless they released a Windows version of the NX server?

Fishbong said:
Kings said:
But then you'd be limited to Unix based servers on which many games won´t run.
Unless they released a Windows version of the NX server?

You could always have the server run WINE or VirtualBox with an XP virtual computer.

still undecided about getting the pandora but this would be insane and it would definitely not hurt to pursue this as an app
tell an average high school student that you have a handheld that plays Playstation 1 and they won't be interested
tell the same person that you can play Call of Duty 4 and they'll go insanse :)

nubie said:
What would be really cool is if you could use a capture card and input simulator to play console games remotely (Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, N64, GC, Wii, X360, PS3), or even play on legacy PC's, like win95 or DOS gaming.
How would one go about getting such an input simulator? Would it be enough to mod a parallel or rs232 cable and use an appropriate program to simulate the inputs?

For consoles, you would have to emulate the original game pad.

For legacy PC's, you really would have to emulate a keyboard/mouse via the PS2 port (or USB for later PC's).

Fishbong said:
nubie said:
What would be really cool is if you could use a capture card and input simulator to play console games remotely (Xbox, PS2, Dreamcast, N64, GC, Wii, X360, PS3), or even play on legacy PC's, like win95 or DOS gaming.
How would one go about getting such an input simulator? Would it be enough to mod a parallel or rs232 cable and use an appropriate program to simulate the inputs?

Well, if you wanted to connect to an Atari or Sega Genesis it might work, but for an Xbox there is soldering to an original controller, or this: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=131230

(note that this one even recommends soldering the dreamcast controller to it, it will not emulate a DC controller)

Squidge said:
For consoles, you would have to emulate the original game pad.

For legacy PC's, you really would have to emulate a keyboard/mouse via the PS2 port (or USB for later PC's).
I think the easiest method would be to connect a parallel port to the original game controllers button pads, or use an Atmega8 with the AVRusb firmware onboard to fake a USB keyboard/mouse on the game PC and a serial device on the other, then just send strings down the line telling it which button or mouse movement you want.

Yep, although I suppose if it was a tri-core or quad-core I could set up a neat DOSBox emulator. Trouble is that the neatest games always use some trick that doesn't work properly if you aren't on the real hardware.

This does sound like a neat deal. Wish I knew enough to do it all or had the money. I need to go back to school for programming/electrical engineering.

Back