Stuck Pixel

Sigurdur

Still Fresh
Hi

I recently bought the GP2X value pack and got a blue pixel stuck in the LCD. I have run the PixelFixer python utility for about 2 hours but the pixel stubbornly refuses to leave. Has anyone used similar utility successfully on a LCD display, like on the GP2X, the PSP or a laptop?
Thanks!

There is no guarantee that the Pixel Fixer software will function. Only colored pixels can be fixed so you do have a chance there.

I've read reports that you will often need to run Pixel Fixer software for MANY hours to have any chance of it actually doing something. To do this, you realistically need the AC adapter and just leave it running overnight for a few days.

I have a stuck blue pixel on a Zodiac, though I've given up trying to fix it. I don't notice it that much as the screen resolution is sufficiently high to make each pixel really small. On a GP2X it's a different story. The lower the resolution of the device the bigger and more noticable the pixel. I original had one of my NDS but I exchange it as it was simply unacceptable. I also had a dead pixel on my PSP but was very lucky to get that exchanged as Sony have a stubborn policy on dead pixels. PSPs are notorious for having not just one but "vast fields" of dead pixels. I don't think I could stand that.

Anyway good luck fixing it, I hope you can!

slaanesh said:
There is no guarantee that the Pixel Fixer software will function. Only colored pixels can be fixed so you do have a chance there.

I've read reports that you will often need to run Pixel Fixer software for MANY hours to have any chance of it actually doing something. To do this, you realistically need the AC adapter and just leave it running overnight for a few days.

I have a stuck blue pixel on a Zodiac, though I've given up trying to fix it. I don't notice it that much as the screen resolution is sufficiently high to make each pixel really small. On a GP2X it's a different story. The lower the resolution of the device the bigger and more noticable the pixel. I original had one of my NDS but I exchange it as it was simply unacceptable. I also had a dead pixel on my PSP but was very lucky to get that exchanged as Sony have a stubborn policy on dead pixels. PSPs are notorious for having not just one but "vast fields" of dead pixels. I don't think I could stand that.

Anyway good luck fixing it, I hope you can!
:ph34r: thats alot of dead pixels!
EDIT: I have never had any!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hehe lol, dead pixels was a topic with a colleague just yesterday ^^ he fixed one on his new tft by falling asleep and having season 1 of Las Vegas running all night :D

purple_goat said:
:ph34r: thats alot of dead pixels!
EDIT: I have never had any!
Me neither, but someone I know has a dead green pixel on his NDSL.

Quiest said:
Hehe lol, dead pixels was a topic with a colleague just yesterday ^^ he fixed one on his new tft by falling asleep and having season 1 of Las Vegas running all night :D
ROFL! That is the best tip I've read so far :p

Thanks! Yes, probably I will just get used to the pixel in the end but I will try to run PixelFixer in longer sessions, although playing a whole season of Las Vegas really sounds like the winning tip :)

Back