Stylus recalibration problem

tuki_cat

Hi all,

I seem to be having issues with the stylus, The top portion of the screen doesn't seem to calibrate correctly. Basically i can't close any windows that are right at the top of the screen, I have to hold left trigger and drag the window down before I can close it. I had heard of that issue before, so that's not a great problem. However i am also finding that the stylus is very inaccurate generally in the top 20% of the screen. This sometimes makes if difficult up navigate menus in xfce.

I have used the stylus recalibration tool in the settings menu, but this doesn't help.

Anyone have any ideas that could help cure this?

Thanks

I'm assuming you've tried the touchscreen calibration program?

I've heard of this problem before, but I don't remember a solution.. Try to recalibrate and if that doesn't work try a reflash.

Thanks guys,

I have tried the stylus recalibration program but it doesn't seem to help.

I'll try a reflash later today.

Yes, there was a bug with previous Hotfixes that prevented from saving the calibration data.

I hope to have it eliminated, but if it still doesn't work, let me know it.

It's just a one-time one-line fix if the bug is still there, so no big deal.

Yes, there was a bug with previous Hotfixes that prevented from saving the calibration data.

I hope to have it eliminated, but if it still doesn't work, let me know it.

It's just a one-time one-line fix if the bug is still there, so no big deal.

Hi ED,

I have previously reflashed and I'm using hotfix 5, the complete package that can be downloaded from the op website. I'm not sure a reflash is going to cure the problem, but I'll give it a go if you think it might. If not how would I go about the bug fix?

I had the same problem and it seems that this is just a permission issue - the calibration data is not saved because /etc/pointercal is not writeable for the regular user.

You could try changing the permissions in a terminal with

Code:
sudo chmod 666 /etc/pointercal

After that recalibration did the job on my unit (don't forget to reboot after calibrating). There are probably other solutions to this (eg. starting the calibration tool with sudo) but this quick fix should help.

Thanks a.Tom this solved it straight away.

Is it worth putting this in the tips and tweaks section until the issue is resolved?

Well, I thought I fixed the permission for that file with an older hotfix... but either I didn't do that properly or it had been changed back by accident.

I will make sure this is fixed with HF6 :)

Well, I thought I fixed the permission for that file with an older hotfix... but either I didn't do that properly or it had been changed back by accident.

I will make sure this is fixed with HF6 :)

I don't know how many versions of HF5 there are, but I used the .pnd and it worked just fine. Everybody has RW on that file.

Edit: Still, for those having trouble with the configuration, it's probably worth putting this in the tips and tweaks as suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then probably only the "Complete firmware image including all Hotfixes 2011-03 (Zaxxon)" is affected - this is what i used to reflash my pandora.

It must only be the full version that is affected then, I used the same one as a.tom to reflash

Back