Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Plz List in Post)?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

josafisch

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I'm a huge RPG fan and I have noticed that there are not many for the gp32_console ... Not original ones that is so I have decided to program one myself and the distribute it here. But I'm not sure what the basis for it should be so I made a poll so you can help me decide. Let me know what you think and also if you know of any websites that contain Sprites and what not of these games PM me or post it.
Thanks for your help!

I voted other cause a truely original one would be nice..

EDIT: If not then an original zelda gp32 game

Ok I purchased the program and everthing that i'm going to use to begine writing the RPG. It cost about $60 and it looks like this is going to be one hell of an excellent RPG. If anyone wants to help with the cost you can donate any amount to josafisch@yahoo.com via PayPal. It would be very much welcomed.

Heres how i'm going to do it.. First i'm going to build the basics and what not and do some testing with people that would like to help. The game is going to start out as a regular PC game but once its finished i'm going to turn it over to someone with a little more gp32_console Know-How to Port it. I'm not sure about porting and all that but i'm sure there are people here that are willing to help. So PC then to GP.

So let me hear from all you RPG fans and help support this project...
Below is a capture so that you can see what the basic map, houses, landscapes and etc. are going to look like.

Soon to come is the Title of the Game and perhaps a basic plot line
ENJOY!

tmpWoodyGlen2.jpg

That's not 3D anyway, it's an isometric 2D engine.

Anyway, you're not going to be able to produce a GP32 port from some "click together" game maker like that. I'd go learn C and SDL and then see what you can get made.

Why Not? I researched this program and i do believe its possible...
Anythings possible i'm sure there's someone out there that's smart enough and can help me figure it out.

There's a lot of people on this board that are quick to say "you can't do that" and "thats not possible" isn't the point of programming and dev to do things that haven't been done...
I don't want to hear it can't be done.. that doesn't take much intelligence... saying hey lets try is much more intelligent... so don't post replies on how it can't be done post them on how it might be done...
sheesh!

Well, I don't know what program you are using there, but it seems to be some sort of RPG engine to me (similar to RPGmaker). The problem with these tools is, that you don't actually "code", but you are scripting an already coded RPG engine. If you build your game, it will then use those scripst and the engine and merge them into an .exe (basicaly). So unless the program has the engine source code included, we can't use that RPG on our GP32. We need to have the engine coded, then it would work. However, I don't know what program you are using there, and if it actualy "outputs" code. I just hope you haven't wasted 60 bucks for "nothing" there :rolleyes:

Explorations isn't open source, it produces proprietary Windows executables which can't be easily ported to other systems (you could go through with a hex editor and spend sixty years of your life manually porting each and every API call, but I don't think that's much of a bright idea).

Whereas if you learn to program in C, then you can actually modify the code of the program, so you can switch between APIs and different kinds of hardware (I've ported some of my first games from old-ass Mac SpriteLib to the new hotness of OpenGL). Explorations has no parallel on the GP32, there is nothing on the GP32 (to my knowledge) that can read/use its datafiles, and it's unlikely anyone will bother reverse-engineering it as the runtime engine isn't open source either.

I suggest you fob Explorations off to somebody else, and learn to program.

Its really good that you took some initiative. I dont know why there have been no good RPG's yet, but there needs to be one eventually. GpFinalWar(the C&C style game) would be an almost a perfect engine for this kind of project. But, yeah u should learn C++. I myself am learning it right now. Good luck for whatever you do!

Back