Suggest questions

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
I've set this up as a place for a 'Question of the week' location, since we tend to do this from time to time, I thought it would be a fun regular thing. We can also move any related posts to here, as there are many floating about. Mods I'm sure you can spot ones which fit this section.

Eg: What's your longest living console, good games which were actually bad, most played game ever, and so on.

A rumour, started by me, suggests I've stolen the idea from B3ta, this is true, but we can have a gaming industry angle.

Anyhow, this thread is to suggest questions and we can choose one a week to keep it going.

I'm not sure if the forum supports voting, but if it does we can have a winner each week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whats the first computer system you ever owned.

When I was little, my brother had an amiga of some description. I was quite young and don't really remember it too well. Spent many hours of my child hood infront of the sega master system! However our first pc was a pentium 166. I remember playing 'home room', I think it was, on windows 95. I was 5 at the time so was quite cool!I think this idea is cool! I would.consider myself.young (22). So my retro knowledge is somewhat limited.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If you could wish any one game ported to pandora, only one, what would it be and what changes it need to accommodate pandora's size and controls?

Question suggestions, eh?

Here's one that popped into my head earlier: Some games over the years (for example, Superfrog, Theme Park, Lemmings 3D, and, perhaps most obviously, the PAL version of Biker Mice from Mars, for the SNES) have had product sponsorships, and therefore, product placement. Has this ever convinced anyone to try the products advertised? (Relatedly, have any games made for charity - such as Sleepwalker - had a similar effect on anyone?)

Which game character would you be?

What's the most expensive game/piece of hardware you have bought?

Who is the best game designer?

How many hours do you game per week?

Most frustrating/unfair game?

Best company mascot?

Have you ever gone without daily essentials so that you could afford to buy a game you wanted?

What do you use your Pandora for?

Do you think that the Pandora is good value for money?

What piece of software do you use/game do you play the most on your Pandora?

Technically, there already is one - I started it not long after Craig's "Good games that are actually rubbish" thread. It's here.

Technically, there already is one - I started it not long after Craig's "Good games that are actually rubbish" thread. It's here.

Nah, that's a bit different. The original post there and most posts I read are talking about bad games that have some things that are good about them (there's acknowledgements that games being talked about are bad). No, I'm talking about games that have been called bad, but don't deserve it. Like Shadow the Hedgehog, which is one of my favorite games, but panned by critical reviewers for stupid trivial reasons.

No, I'm talking about games that have been called bad, but don't deserve it.
Ohh, ok! Sorry, I thought you meant games that genuinely were bad, but which people enjoyed anyway for whatever reason. :)

^ I don't believe we have. I guess you mean stuff that was good for the time but which no longer holds up?

I think Mori has come with a nice list of questions there.

As another, how about 'customisation in retro games'?

Excluding the Wii's Mii maker, Minecraft and Little Big Planet, get discussing previous games that offered some customisation..

..everyone loves adding a touch of themselves [ooh err missus] into a game right?

I'm thinking;

Custom tracks on NES Excite Bike..

Custom billboards and car graphics on PS1 Ridge Racer..

..things like that?

Yeah that's what I meant, keeping it PS1 and earlier.

...though beyond the 2 I mentioned I'm a bit stumped already, surely I played a few more that allowed for some custom creation but I'm a blank.

Another question idea popped into my head after I saw something daft, earlier: What ridiculous rumours about games have you seen other people fall for (or, maybe, fell for yourself)?

Yeah that's what I meant, keeping it PS1 and earlier.

...though beyond the 2 I mentioned I'm a bit stumped already, surely I played a few more that allowed for some custom creation but I'm a blank.

- Lode Runner practically defined the level editor. How could you miss that? :p

- KC Munchkin for the Magnavox Odyssey2 (Phillips Videopac if you were in Europe).

- The Incredible Machine

- Pinball Construction Set

Back