Superblock Error

Endurion

Website
Visit site
Hello.

Last night I transfered a psx image about 500-600MB large thru a usb cable to my SD card that was sitting in my pandora and this morning I added a N64 rom that was 12MB. I the brought the pandora with me and now when I try to access the SD card I get: Unable to Mount "RICOHDCX": mount: /dev/mmcblk1p1:can´t read superblock

The card worked yesterday (obviosly) but this is the first time I tried to add larger files.

The PSX file is an img file.

any help would be appreciated.

thanx

ps. I might be able to access the card at home thru my camera but it would be nice if there is a way to fix it now.

After "Googeling" a little it seams it would be the system files that has become corrupt on the SD... if so how would I repair it? Should there be a backup copy somewhere like it says here:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/surviving-a-linux-filesystem-failures.html

Edit: made a link to a simmilar but wrong page first.

Sorry I can't help with your question but...

Endurion said:
Hello.

Last night I transfered a psx image about 500-600MB large thru a usb cable to my SD card that was sitting in my pandora

...how?! The Pandora doesn't support mass storage yet!

Last edited by a moderator:
That does mean, your SD Card is corrupt. This usually happens if you remove the card while writing isn't finished or if you have a flakey card.

You can try to fix this with Windows chkdsk or fsck with Linux.

If this happens quite often, you should try to format your SD Card with the Panasonic SD Formatter. That tool can fix flakey cards.

Endurion said:
After "Googeling" a little it seams it would be the system files that has become corrupt on the SD... if so how would I repair it? Should there be a backup copy somewhere like it says here:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/surviving-a-linux-filesystem-failures.html

Edit: made a link to a simmilar but wrong page first.

One thing to add to ED:

The description you got linked is for the usage of fsck. The backup you refer to is not generally there. They just write you should make one before you try fsck. In your case it's not important, I think...as your data is not irreplaceable. If you still have your files somewhere else, the easiest would be formatting (with Panasonic SD Formatter from sdcard.org) the card and copy the files again.

Anyways...this manual refers to e2fsck for ext2-Filesystem, so most of the information is not valid for your SD card (wich is FAT16 or FAT32).

Pleng said:

Endurion said:
Hello.

Last night I transfered a psx image about 500-600MB large thru a usb cable to my SD card that was sitting in my pandora

realy? well I just used a usb cable and it worked.... from Ubuntu I copied the file to the /Pandora/media/mmcblk1p1 map or something like that I think... I´ll give a better answer when I get home and can check it more exactly.

It took forever thou, so I had to let it be on thru the night.... took 8 hours I think, so if my camera would have been charged I would have used that one instead to copy the file to the SD card.

ok, thanks EvilDragon and jott.

I´ll try to fix it when I get home. And if I can´t recover it I´ll just format it as you said jottt.

Pleng said:

Endurion said:
Hello.

After thinking some more about it, I think I was connected to my wifi, so it might have been copied thru my wifi network.

Pleng said:

I have to say differently, not trolling.....I have a ZIF enclosure with at 40GB drive from an old Gigabeat I used to own and the Pandora can even power the 1.8mm drive (regular USB port). Can't speak for battery life but it works right from the BUS no issues. :) Also the USB OTG works with the cable that came with the old Gigabeat that was "suppossed" to be used in conjunction with cameras to import photos to the PMP, I use it to connect a tiny Pandora sized mouse, quite rad actually.

EDIT: over-wordy and even less sense making than what is currently above

^ He doesn't mean host functionality. The Pandora doesn't expose the SD cards yet so it doesn't show up as a mass storage device when you plug it into an other computer. It should be implemented with the next hotfix, afaik.

mali said:
^ He doesn't mean host functionality. The Pandora doesn't expose the SD cards yet so it doesn't show up as a mass storage device when you plug it into an other computer. It should be implemented with the next hotfix, afaik.

Ahhh, yes. I need to learn to read better.

x68000 said:
^Try using multiquote or editing your posts

ok, I´ll test it next time.... but at the computer I was sitting by at school I did not see any buttons at all so I just took a chance that it would be the right place when the mouse pointer turned into a hand.

Back