Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 4 released

Does overvolting work with the 3.2 kernel in Beta4? Somehow my Pandora doesn't crash anymore when clocking to 1GHz (via set CPU speed) and I can access and change the OPP settings.

The new new kernel works fine for me except for my USB wifi dongle and my wireless mouse. I can get it to work, but it is not as smooth as using it with the old kernel. Still, I have a situation. I am trying to load Beta 4 on a SD card. It works basically. I can bott both kernels fine. The problem comes when I install the Codecs. After that when I boot the new kernel I get the login screen eventhough I have set it to auto boot. I then put in my username and password and I am then returned to the login again. If I reset

the Pandora and boot the old kernel, it loads fine. Mind you I have already installed everything on the Pandora itself and everything is fine here. It is just on the SD card.. Any ideas? I have done this three times already.

Fixed this by installing the Codec under the 2.6 kernel Now both sign on with no problems....

Last edited by a moderator:
Does overvolting work with the 3.2 kernel in Beta4? Somehow my Pandora doesn't crash anymore when clocking to 1GHz (via set CPU speed) and I can access and change the OPP settings.

Same for me here, but as the CPU seems to scale better with the charge, i wonder if it won't crash under heavy load (didn't tested yet).

Yeah, it was implemented in beta3.

Yes, someone mentioned before a slow down in performance. I went ahead and re-flashed my NAND with HF5.SuperZaxxon gives me a really awful slow down in Snes9x4p when playing Yoshi's Island (to test you have to get to a playable part) (among others) and, starting of the rom chooser and exiting the emulator takes ages. I have no idea if it is a matter of performance in general or just because Snes9x4p is not optimized, but yea... It's the same on miniMenu.I haven't tried it with the older kernel though, which would need for me to install SuperZaxxon again -_-Which I did... It's the same with the old kernel.

Another thing: With HF5 I had issues with my second SD card slot, I had to turn on the Pandora with the card already in the slot and if I removed it, it wouldn't mount it again. With SuperSaxxon it won't mount ever, no combination possible. (Wait!SZb4 just randomly mounted my second SD card O.O …with the old kernel! *self slap*) I'm starting to wonder if my unit is broken (besides the microphone that I broke :p ) or is it a matter of the new kernel/OS. Besides, it's become Windows like to unmount SD cards, you have to sudo umount them or else shut down.

One more thing that's been bothering me for a while is that NTFS support got broken. I just tried installing ntfs-3g with opkg and it keeps on telling me “Unknown file system, ntfs” (even with old kernel). I have a 500Gb HD that I use to be able to use directly with my Pandora, but not anymore. You know how Windows is stupid and will only read ntfs or fat. How can I get this back to work?

PS: I assume it's the new sensitivity settings, but with myPaint if I try to do a set of parallel lines I get one jagged line

mP_test.png

installing the community codec pack is the default way of enabling ntfs

I think I found two ways to freeze the Pandora running the new kernel, Beta4. Maybe somebody can try to reproduce and confirm or deny them:

1)

- activate WiFi, connect to an access-point

- de-activate WiFi

- suspend to RAM

- wake up

- directly activate WIFI ... at this pont my Pandora freezes and only a reset helps.

2)

- Plug-in Power supply

- suspend to RAM

- close lid

- remove Power supply

- open lid and try to wake up

hmmm ... ok then, if I find the time I will try to figure out if it needs anything else to reproduce. Maybe it is just related to my SD cards or CPU-Settings (although I don't do anything unusual here, 600MHz is my standard and I only changed maximum allowed OPP to 5 and max allowed MHz to 1000) ...

I got a freeze when I activated and then de-activated the internal wifi while it tried to connect. So spamming the wifi-toggle button a little while might cause it eventually.

Are you both sure you are on beta4? Beta3 had memory corruption on wifi module unload so all kinds of breakage could happen, beta4 has this fixed.

Hello,

Finally got my NetGear wifi dongle to work. Editing the modprobe.cnf file was the answer. Thanks to all who posted their solutions

here.

I am most definitely on Beta 4, and I am having the issues indentified by F_Slim.

Are you both sure you are on beta4? Beta3 had memory corruption on wifi module unload so all kinds of breakage could happen, beta4 has this fixed.

I think I found two ways to freeze the Pandora running the new kernel, Beta4. Maybe somebody can try to reproduce and confirm or deny them:

1)

- activate WiFi, connect to an access-point

- de-activate WiFi

- suspend to RAM

- wake up

- directly activate WIFI ... at this pont my Pandora freezes and only a reset helps.

2)

- Plug-in Power supply

- suspend to RAM

- close lid

- remove Power supply

- open lid and try to wake up

I have no issues doing eighter , ( works perfect for me, no lockups) .....Bud

Not upgrading yet and not sure what, of these issues, are fixed in beta 4. best too ask first.

IS it a problem in Beta 3 that I can not change CPUspeed to under 500?

I thought booting to 2.6 still ran off my SD but found that it is booting 3.2 from the SD and 2.6 from NAND. ISnt that wrong?

IT made me notice that a Root Terminal from NAND gives a # as a prompt but booting to my Sd does not when I 'su' in terminal. I tried creating a .bashrc in /home/root/ but this does not seem to be read. I can not setup root Aliases or custom prompt.

So, sorry for the overload. THREE issues listed here. What did I mess up?

Are these general issues or beta 3 that are fixed in 4? Or General problems.

Back