Release SuperZaxxon - Beta 5 released

I boot B5 from SD as I boot B4 but now if I go into suspend I read "mmc0: card e624 removed" and the system is not responding.

I boot B5 from SD as I boot B4 but now if I go into suspend I read "mmc0: card e624 removed" and the system is not responding.

Problem solved. It was a typing failure in the autoboot.txt

I'm still running HF6 Final and have been careful about updating to the newer kernel so far due to my unit having custom themes installed on its NAND.

src: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54350-guide-making-xfce-sexy/

( Call me vain if you like, but the stock theme / other available themes on the Pandora just don't do it for me. =P )

Should I still be able to reinstall these themes on the newer kernel? Or am I stuck with whichever is there once I do upgrade?

Last edited by a moderator:
MAME4all is back! Thanks so much!
Hmh that's unexpected, unless you try to use it with tv-out.

For some reason, PNDManager seems to work quite a bit smoother with this FW :eek:
Which probably means SGX blob, when combined with Nokia kernel driver, decided to use doublebuffering on it.

Any idea what could make SGX blob decide to use doublebuffering on your app? It does it for some, but doesn't for others, including all my tests.

Which probably means SGX blob, when combined with Nokia kernel driver, decided to use doublebuffering on it.

Any idea what could make SGX blob decide to use doublebuffering on your app? It does it for some, but doesn't for others, including all my tests.
Well, later releases of Qt contain some SGX specific stuff. Didn't pay too much attention to what it was, just bumped into it while copmiling Qt 4.8 for PNDManager.

I'd also like to note that gpFCE has some glitching with scrolling with the new firmware (very visible with eg. blaster master).

EDIT: also star fox seems quite a bit more sluggish on Snes9x4P

Hey great work!!

Some Bugs:

- After using my SD Card as Mass Storage the Pandora is frozen and I have to reset it

- and after resetting, my manually changed time has beed resetted

A bug I have not tested on this version yet but I hado on the beta4 was that the charging stopped at ~70%

Thanks for the greate work!!!

Mame4all is back, great! Picodrive screen tearing issue gone, fantastic!! Thanks for the update, very impressive! :)

My issue with my left nub occasionally stopping responding (and every time when coming back from low power mode), which seems to recover when I remove the card in the left SD slot, remains...

(null)

There are two useless icons on the launcher bar at the bottom - the network icon and some launcher thing that lets me turn on wifi (like I'll ever use that!) and CPU speed etc. All the other icons can be removed by right-clicking them except for these two. How do I remove them?

This release seems to make a lot of decisions for you; I'd rather make those decisions myself thanks!

D.

Download stopped after about 1 MB again. Started Wireshark, but of course now it works. :blink:

Can someone test if USB Wifi dongles work out of the box, previous version required a bit of tweaking to get them to work.

Been using B5 all day..... about 5 minutes ago I goto grab it and it`s froze on me again, like it did with B4. I`ve been closing the lid all day.. its been fine.. it`s been sitting there with the lid up for about 15 minutes and it`s froze :(

EDIT: Ok thats twice now this evening :(

Lovely and stable here - but I disable everything - no wifi, no bluetooth, no services running beyond the xfce settings helper and the xfce power management. All else removed - no icons at all on the taskbar beyond the time/date, the battery and the pandora "start" menu. Oh yes, also turn off everything except for ALSA mixer settings, so no USB either.

And I get no hangs, no crashes and I've never had a problem with tearing in picodrive...

D.

Wow, I'm loving it so far. Not having any issues at all, PNDManager actually works alot better now too. Usually large downloads stop after like 2MB and I have to install them from the Repo off my laptop onto the SD card. I'm currently downloading Battle For Wesnoth and it's at 260MB now.

Everything seems alot smoother now too, screen feels more responsive (not sure if it's meant to but it does). Less lag while almost everything.

One question though, more about the wifi than anything. It seems to be particularly sloooow... Is there anything that I can do to fix this? Or is it just the wireless adapter that's used in the Panda? It was the same in B4 too.

Guys, can You add more cities into config. London and Moscow isnt suitable for all, especially, when using twitter / gcalcli and googletools that requires accurate timezone.. [iP check/country discovery and comparing it to timezone]

The cities are the ones included in the official tzdata file from Angstrom... I can check if they included more cities in ther more recent recipes, but we don't want to hack anything into it ourselves.

This should give you more european times.

Code:
sudo opkg install tzdata-europe

There are also ones for other timezones.

Code:
#Africa

sudo opkg install tzdata-africa

#North and South America

sudo opkg install tzdata-americas

#Antarctica

sudo opkg install tzdata-antarctica

#Arctic

sudo opkg install tzdata-arctic

#Asia

sudo opkg install tzdata-asia

#Atlantic

sudo opkg install tzdata-atlantic

#Australia

sudo opkg install tzdata-australia

#Europe

#Misc Timezones

sudo opkg install tzdata-misc

#Pacific

sudo opkg install tzdata-pacific

#Posix Timezones (Not sure)

sudo opkg install tzdata-posix

#Timezones with leap seconds

sudo opkg install tzdata-right

This should give you more european times.

Code:

There are also ones for other timezones.

Code:
#Africa

sudo opkg install tzdata-africa

#North and South America

sudo opkg install tzdata-americas

#Antarctica

sudo opkg install tzdata-antarctica

#Arctic

sudo opkg install tzdata-arctic

#Asia

sudo opkg install tzdata-asia

#Atlantic