Release SuperZaxxon v1.51 released!

EDIT2: outdoor gamma is nice and might improve visibility when it is clouded, but in bright light (sunny day) you don't see a thing and outdoor gamma isn't helping then.

I played in direct sunlight at the beach... :)

Direct sunlight will kill any LCD visibility, not just the Pandora's. But the gamma setting certainly helps when you're outside on a sunny day, sitting in the shadow.

Well for me everything worked great with 1.5, but I will upgrade to 1.51. I hate to re-flash, but I will since there is no pnd update file (would be nice). I assume there are no problems with flashing to boot from a SD card? Nothing has been posted here as yet but I would think we would need some new files. Thanks ED for the update, shows you care and are listening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reflashed, and still can't turn off screen blanking.

D.
You could try to add some script thingy into the autostart scripts, I remember from older Hotfixes, this helped me to get rid of the black screen after 10 minutes when watching videos.

Code:
xset s off -dpms
or something like this maybe? Not sure, I'm not a Linux expert.

Reflashed, and still can't turn off screen blanking.

D.
You could try to add some script thingy into the autostart scripts, I remember from older Hotfixes, this helped me to get rid of the black screen after 10 minutes when watching videos.

Code:
xset s off -dpms
or something like this maybe? Not sure, I'm not a Linux expert.

Yeah, tried xset s off from a console, it has no effect in XFCE. I've tried absolutely everything suggested so far, and nothing has worked - the screen still blanks after a few minutes, which as you say gets really fucking irritating when watching a movie.

D.

Hi Guys,

I am having an issue with installation of SuperZaxxon 1.51 on a SD card. I tried http://openpandora.o...-rootfs.tar.bz2 and SD installed PND. After installation and during 1st boot I had a lot of errors about I/O problems and that the system is read only. This is a first time I saw those messages and before I used to boot SuperZaxxon 1.5 from the same card.

I even tried copy my clean 1.51 system from NAND to SD card partitioned with gParted as described on wiki but without luck (kernel panic message)..

Can you tell me if anyone installed SuperZaxxon 1.51 using SD installer ?

Thank you,

MatiFromEarth

Yeah, tried xset s off from a console, it has no effect in XFCE. I've tried absolutely everything suggested so far, and nothing has worked - the screen still blanks after a few minutes, which as you say gets really fucking irritating when watching a movie.

I'm not aware of what solutions have been mentioned by now and I find it very strange that screen-blanking is that persistant for you (I installed v1.51 a few days ago and for me it's also deactivated after specifying it during the installation-process). But if you didn't already try to modify your xorg.conf, you could do so as described in this rather old post of mine: http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__919531. Skip the part with xset and add the 3 lines which are shown in the "spoiler". Then restart X (for example by rebooting the Pandora).

As a vague try to track down the reason for your issue: What's your boot-sequence? For me it's the standard-login-screen ("slim") and then XFCE. Also I never use minimenu. Do you boot into minimenu or change between xfce and minimenu? Actually I don't see a reason why this would be the cause of the problem. I'm just picking in the dark.

I'm not aware of what solutions have been mentioned by now and I find it very strange that screen-blanking is that persistant for you (I installed v1.51 a few days ago and for me it's also deactivated after specifying it during the installation-process). But if you didn't already try to modify your xorg.conf, you could do so as described in this rather old post of mine: http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__919531. Skip the part with xset and add the 3 lines which are shown in the "spoiler". Then restart X (for example by rebooting the Pandora).

As a vague try to track down the reason for your issue: What's your boot-sequence? For me it's the standard-login-screen ("slim") and then XFCE. Also I never use minimenu. Do you boot into minimenu or change between xfce and minimenu? Actually I don't see a reason why this would be the cause of the problem. I'm just picking in the dark.

I'll give it a try, thanks.

I boot directly to XFCE - Minimenu is pretty crappy for day to day use and has too many problems for me to use it regularly.

D.

is there a "post flash" log stored on the system after the install is complete?

I saw quite a few errors and I'm trying to track them down. I've seen these same errors every time I flash and I want to figure out what some of them mean, but the txt goes by too quick to write them all down.

EDIT: is it just me or do things just look "better" after this update? May be a placebo..

Did someone install the codecs pack successfully? Like with Superzaxxon 1.5, when Iaunching the codecs installer, it finishes immediately saying the codecs were installed successfully. But of course it should take much longer.

Did someone install the codecs pack successfully? Like with Superzaxxon 1.5, when Iaunching the codecs installer, it finishes immediately saying the codecs were installed successfully. But of course it should take much longer.

I had no problems installing the codecs pack

Hmm that's strange then... Maybe I'll redownload it again, even if I already did that several times.Thank you for your feedback.

I had no problems installing the codecs pack

Went ok for me also....

Worked fine for me. Did you try with another SD card? Maybe your SD card has some problem.

Which bz2 file did you use?

During typing password trying to connect to my wifi router (authentication required by wireless network) my Pandora hangs. Seems like a race against a clock because sometimes I can type more characters but never fast enough to reach the full password.

Any ideas?

Just tried to add a folder and the same thing happens during typing. Seems more like an issue with XFCE unrelated to WIFI... any ideas?

And another test: in minimenu started thunar and tried to add a new folder the same happened. So that rules out XFCE.

During typing the name of the folder it hang. Seems to be happening mostly after 8 characters.

BTW. Emulators and games are working fine, also typing in emulators. Seems more like an issue with GTK+

Back