SuperZaxxon v1.54 RC released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Another few updates for our current firmware moves it up to 1.54RC.

Please note that while it should be pretty stable, it still needs some testing (that's why it's RC and not Final yet).

Here is what has been changed since the last version (1.53):

• UPDATE Kernel updated to 3.2.39
  • UPDATE Now comes with every released TI SGX kernel driver so any version of SGX binary blobs can be used
  • UPDATE Switched to more stable hugetlb patches from ARM (feature mostly used by PCSX currently)
  • UPDATE Backported CMA (contiguous memory allocator) from 3.5. This eliminated need to reserve VRAM, so more general RAM is available and more VRAM can be allocated on demand (larger resolutions can be used with hardware scaler)
  • UPDATE various fixes for OTG driver (cable switching between host/peripheral modes should work better)
  • FIX Various OMAP specific fixes backported from newer kernels
  • FIX Fixed the issue that you couldn't switch the GUI, reboot or shutdown from XFCE4 (introduced in 1.53)
  • FIX Fixed an issue of DM3730 not suspending fully (concerns 1GHz units)
  • FIX Maybe fixed charging LED (again..)
  • FIX Passwords with special characters should now work as well
  • NEW Enabled TASKSTATS, DM_CRYPT, xz support and some more USB drivers
  • NEW Added LED-Settings dialogue. You can now set brightness setting for your Power LED and also disable / enable the SD1/SD2/Bluetooth/WiFi LEDs
  • NEW Added MiniMenu WiFi Tool (setup WiFi connections from MiniMenu)
  • NEW Added File Associations for PNDs. Now PNDs can setup different filetypes in their PXML file. Double clicking an associated file will automatically run the PND and load the file.
  • NEW openal and udlfb added
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:
If you already got a previous SuperZaxxon Final version installed, using the Upgrade Pandora OS tool should work - however, it seems to freeze sometimes during update (seems to be an OPKG bug).

It is recommended to do a full flash in case you are encountering any iseus.

Upgrade instructions using the Full-Flash-Image:

Download SuperZaxxon Final v1.54RC

Please note: Flashing the new firmware will put your unit back into a default state. All your settings and users will be lost. Of course, this does not apply to PNDs which save their stuff on the SD-Card.

To install it, simply extract the archive onto the root of your SD Card.

Insert the SD Card into the left slot. Keep R (shoulder) pressed while switching on your Pandora and select "Boot from SD1"

It will then flash the firmware onto the NAND. After it's finished, reboot your Pandora and patiently wait until the First Boot Wizard appears on the screen.

If "Boot from SD1" doesn't appear, try to reformat the SD Card using Panasonic SD Formatter, recopy the files and retry.

Please let us know any issues you encounter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would these changes affect emulator performance or android?

Great.

Used the upgrade OS.

Seems ok, but i think we'd like to see a message like "Upgrade is finished, please reboot.".

Glad to see the ability to use minimenu to setup wifi.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

After flashing I am having problems calibrating the touchscreen, doesnt seem to want to detect any presses on screen at all.  Everything else seems fine so far.

Running on a 600MHZ 256MB Pandora.

Nice update, when using the Upgrade OS feature how do you know when the upgrade is finished? The last line on my Terminal window is a " * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile ..." line

Cool, is the new pnd association feature documented somewhere already?

Sounds like I have to update some pnds in the near future.

Sounds like I have to update some pnds in the near future.
The specs have already been in the PXML standard since the first Pandora OS release. I don't think they have changed, but skeezix and notaz can tell more about it.

Did you put in my USB Mass Storage plugin for the config button?

After flashing I am having problems calibrating the touchscreen, doesnt seem to want to detect any presses on screen at all.  Everything else seems fine so far.

Running on a 600MHZ 256MB Pandora.

Nice update, when using the Upgrade OS feature how do you know when the upgrade is finished? The last line on my Terminal window is a " * resolve_conffiles: Existing conffile ..." line
When it's finished it should day so. There seems to be a bug in opkg where it sometimes hangs though, you should press Ctrl-C and retry if it hangs over 2 minutes..

http://pandorawiki.org/PXML_specification#The_.3Cassociations.3E_element

We need some testing on this, would be nice if someone implemented this in "real world" application (as opposed to skeezix's tests).

Did you put in my USB Mass Storage plugin for the config button?
Haven't seen that, could you post it again?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back