SuperZaxxon v1.70RC released

Noticing with the 1.70RC that my password for wifi is no longer stored I have to type in everytime I want to use the internet with my CC Pandora.

The nmapplet problem didn't happen immediately (and I didn't fiddle with themeing etc - just installed some XFCE4 plugins to the root filesystem, which doesn't include nmapplet).
How / from where / what plugins did you install? Sounds like they break things somehow.

leaving it alone for a while unless there are tests/things I can do to sort the icons out.
Those problems aren't going to fix themselves..

Noticing with the 1.70RC that my password for wifi is no longer stored I have to type in everytime I want to use the internet with my CC Pandora.
Have you tried running OS upgrade again?

I cross-compiled them a few years ago for the rebirth Pandora, then successfully used them for about a year in the GHz model - xfce4-cpugraph, xfce4-genmon-plugin, xfce4-netload, and xfce4-systemload (versions based on the last ones that should work with the old XFCE4 DE).

Theres a definite possibility this has caused the screwup, in that some have /share/icons/hicolor/icon-theme.cache files... although if dumbly copying them into the OS volume is so toxic, why did this work for 2-3 years... Perhaps the delay this time was simply the amount of time it took for me to reboot after the initial copying.

I've set a reminder to reflash the Pandora in a week without immediately installing the plugins, will see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for your help.

After updating (full reflash after something went wrong with upgrade) to 1.70 I found MeTV no longer starts. This is my app for DVB-T. So how can I watch TV? Maybe someone can check this.

Then I tried with SMPlayer2 like I do in Slackware : no TV . Checked with dmesg, the firmware loaded and was ok. What can I do?

After updating (full reflash after something went wrong with upgrade) to 1.70 I found MeTV no longer starts. This is my app for DVB-T. So how can I watch TV? Maybe someone can check this.

Then I tried with SMPlayer2 like I do in Slackware : no TV . Checked with dmesg, the firmware loaded and was ok. What can I do?
maybe you need to reinstall the media codecs that cant be included by default?

Thanks for reminding the codecs, but other A/V progs seem to work. SMplayer runs videos with sound. Heres the outfile for MeTV

=======================================================================================
PND             : /media/64GB/pandora/menu/metv.pnd
PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs
APPDATADIR      : /media/64GB/pandora/appdata/metv
APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat
PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>
EXENAME         : scripts/me-tv.sh
ARGUMENTS       : <unset>
=======================================================================================
[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------
Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/metv"
Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/64GB/pandora/appdata/metv=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/metv=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/metv"
[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/me-tv.sh  ) ----------
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 522:  2036 Segmentation fault      "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS "$@"
[ FAILED]--- Starting the application ( scripts/me-tv.sh  ) ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------
[ START ]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Restoring nub mode ----------
[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------
[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------
auplink:plink.c:223: AUFS_CTL_PLINK_MAINT: Inappropriate ioctl for device
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/metv': Device or resource busy
[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
[sUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------
cleanup done
[sUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------
Return code is : 2

Cave Story (original version, didn't try the improved one) no longer runs correctly, and I'm not sure whether it's related to the latest SuperSaxxon release...
That's the 1st repport I get from anyone with a problem on any of my PNDs. Sound strange. could you check your MD5 and compare it to the one in here http://sebt3.openpandora.org/pnd/?f=nxengine.pnd ?
Tried again with a fresh setup (new PND with matching md5sum, new appdata sub-folder), without luck... The game still freezes after picking up the first life capsule :(

EDIT: Now that's weird... The game is working now, but I don't know why...

Cheers, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:

So where did you get this MeTV pnd? it's not on the repo or the old openhandhelds site.. just curious who ported it to the Pandora.

there was a link in the forum, I guess the german forum to this pnd

after installing the codc pack I had the same problem

when trying with mplayer dvb://"progname" I get the error video is 720x576 and out is 800x480

no video out - or so; so no success

The nmapplet problem didn't happen immediately (and I didn't fiddle with themeing etc - just installed some XFCE4 plugins to the root filesystem, which doesn't include nmapplet).
How / from where / what plugins did you install? Sounds like they break things somehow.

leaving it alone for a while unless there are tests/things I can do to sort the icons out.
Those problems aren't going to fix themselves..

Yep I tried that and now it works again. Many thanks!

regarding cave story - the mentioned issue (crash after life capsule) sounds like an issue I've always had with the version on the Pandora. Basically, during BGM changes, there's a possibility that the application outright crashes, or produce a very distorted soundtrack (and if this happens, the next change *will* crash).

I never managed to realibly reproduce it, but this is why I always saved whenever I could.

It's usually a much better experience to run Cave Story through Ginge - it's faster and doesn't crash as often, at least on CC Pandoras.

D.

@ TrashyMG : here the link to MeTV from german forum

http://forum.gp2x.de/download/file.php?id=1148

I am back to SZ 1.60 now, because I need the prog to record TV and I can also do it with a timer. Or is there another prog to do this, preferable working also in Slackware ?

So far MeTV only working until SZ 1.61 not later. But maybe someone from german forum tries to make a new pnd    as promised.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had that problem too after updating last weekend - running another update today installed some more packages incuding pam-something-keyring, and now the wifi passwords are back. So this seems to work again, now.

Had that problem too after updating last weekend - running another update today installed some more packages incuding pam-something-keyring, and now the wifi passwords are back. So this seems to work again, now.
I get this most times I update - I always run the update twice to make sure it installs everything, as it always fails to work first time.

D.

I get this most times I update - I always run the update twice to make sure it installs everything, as it always fails to work first time. D.
And yet I have three Pandori and never seem to have an issue with any of them outside of the 1.52 to 1.53 issue. maybe I don't remember any issues thanks to notaz's mind control he is famous for.

I get this most times I update - I always run the update twice to make sure it installs everything, as it always fails to work first time.
Oh, I always run the updater twice since that one time when the system wouldn't boot after using it just once. Probably picked a bad time and some packages were still missing or something.

I always run opkg update and upgrade myself in a terminal, and the only time it's failed is if my wifi disconnects itself half way through. Using my 802.11n dongle that doesn't spontaneously disconnect, I've not had an update that hasn't gone through first time.

I tried to upgrade last night and it seemed to go fine.  Rebooted and find that my user name is filled in at the login screen but neither keyboard nor stylus have any effect so I cannot log in.  Rebooted again and same behaviour.

The bootup screen looks fine, kernel 3.2 and Super Zaxxon 1.70 RC indicated.

Am I missing some step or another?

The system itself is fine as I can boot up Debian using my SD card.

Back