SuperZaxxon v1.71 (final major release) released!

Did a full flash on my new-ish 1GHz. Worked flawlessly. I'll try the upgrade OS-thing with the other one.

Second Pandora updated with no stress.  Thanks notaz and ED and the rest of the team for making this such a smooth exprience!

When I shut down my Pandora, from time to time there's a big block of white text that shows over the desktop.

It's quick, but it says "Failed to execute login command"

The upgrade blew stuff up again on mine, so I am reflashing right now. Not sure why, but my Rebirth just does not like doing upgrades.  :/

Something broke cifs. I cannot find mount.cifs and gigolo returns a timeout, but doesn't wait even a second.

Please can someone confirm this?

One of my Pandoras just magically turned on (the one with a broken lcd cable) so I updated it hoping to not loose ssh parameters.

It was 1.70 on a Rebirth 512Mb

All went well, it downloaded for like 30 minutes and then I found one of the greatest fixes I ever needed, I'm now able to turn it completely off even without disabling the wifi dongle first !!!! :D

Before, it was just turning off the led, but the pandora was still on, and I had to take off the battery to make it restart, now it just shut down completely without the need to unplug the dongle or disable the wifi !! Thanks :D

(actually the integrated wifi works great too after one of the latest updates, but I need the dongle just because it have a fixed address for my router and I use it everywhere I need that address...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Something broke cifs. I cannot find mount.cifs and gigolo returns a timeout, but doesn't wait even a second.

Please can someone confirm this?
Hmm I don't recall having issues with cifs mounted samba shares since upgrading, will test this more when I get home.

Thanks for checking. Are you two mounting the resource via cmd? Is mount.cifs available in your system?

You don't really even need mount.cifs, just mount -t cifs //somehost/someshare /somepath -o username=you,password=password

Its says "wrong filesystem", my assumption was that cifs-utils always installs mount.cifs command (although it's just an "alias" for mount), seems like the whole package isn't present in my system.

Just installed cifs via opkg and now I can mount the partition.

Problem with gigolo persists though.

I must advise anyone to try this with caution, somehow it breaks the whole system. After installing cifs the system is unable to run anything, it complains about being unable to mount aufs, which makes all pnds useless.

I reflashed zaxxon 1.71 and tried again with the same result.

Its says "wrong filesystem", my assumption was that cifs-utils always installs mount.cifs command (although it's just an "alias" for mount), seems like the whole package isn't present in my system.
I can't image how you get that, I'm heavy cifs user myself and have no problems with it.

Just tried on a (almost) freshly flashed CC unit. No cifs related packages installed (except module for 2.6 kernel), mount.cifs command not available. Ran "sudo mount -t cifs //10.0.1.1/pnd /mnt/tmp" and it mounted fine. Checked lsmod before and after the command and can see that cifs kernel module was autoloaded, as expected.

Maybe you're somehow booting some wrong kernel? What does "uname -a" and "lsmod" report?

When I shut down my Pandora, from time to time there's a big block of white text that shows over the desktop.

It's quick, but it says "Failed to execute login command"
Same for me, although it didn't happen in the beginning. Doesn't appear to be hurting anything though, for the rest it's working like a charm.

I can't image how you get that, I'm heavy cifs user myself and have no problems with it.

Just tried on a (almost) freshly flashed CC unit. No cifs related packages installed (except module for 2.6 kernel), mount.cifs command not available. Ran "sudo mount -t cifs //10.0.1.1/pnd /mnt/tmp" and it mounted fine. Checked lsmod before and after the command and can see that cifs kernel module was autoloaded, as expected.

Maybe you're somehow booting some wrong kernel? What does "uname -a" and "lsmod" report?
Alright, if you feel curious about this I will provide as much info as I can. But I don-t have a spare card to run the firmware and every time I screw things I end with an useless unit.

So, I reflashed the other day and haven't touched anything system related.

pandora:/home/asimov# uname -a
Linux pandora 3.2.64 #1053 Sun Nov 9 01:09:42 EET 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux
pandora:/home/asimov# mount -t cifs //192.168.13.10/DATA data/
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //192.168.13.10/DATA,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
(for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

pandora:/home/asimov#

And, there you go. I'm mounting the same resource on my desktop computer (mageia) with that same command.

As explained before the cifs package isn't present.

andora:/home/asimov# opkg list-installed cifs

If you need more info please ask.

You may add -vvv to your command line in order to get an higher verbosity.

Do you see cifs in "lsmod" list?

What's in "dmesg | tail" output?

You also need to specify "-o username=" and maybe other parameters (depending on server) when mounting without mount.cifs, as mount.cifs probably figures some of them out..

I've just tried installing cifs and it indeed broke PNDs just after running mount.cifs once, real strange.. I'm not sure what happens exactly, but it's exposing bugs in pnd_run.sh at least for sure ..  I've updated mount.aufs/aufs-util that mount.cifs is somehow triggering to fail and fixed pnd_run.sh bug. You can try installing cifs after running all updates, it works for me now, at least..

Do you see cifs in "lsmod" list?

What's in "dmesg | tail" output?

You also need to specify "-o username=" and maybe other parameters (depending on server) when mounting without mount.cifs, as mount.cifs probably figures some of them out..

I've just tried installing cifs and it indeed broke PNDs just after running mount.cifs once, real strange.. I'm not sure what happens exactly, but it's exposing bugs in pnd_run.sh at least for sure ..  I've updated mount.aufs/aufs-util that mount.cifs is somehow triggering to fail and fixed pnd_run.sh bug. You can try installing cifs after running all updates, it works for me now, at least..
Mmmh, let's see ...

pandora:/home/asimov# lsmod |grep cifs
pandora:/home/asimov# dmesg |tail
[ 62.426025] wlan0: no IPv6 routers present
[ 63.896514] aufs test_add:261:mount[2264]: uid/gid/perm /mnt/pnd/hdonk_firefox_001 0/0/0755, 0/0/0777
[ 156.906921] usb 2-2.1.2: USB disconnect, device number 7
[ 168.671386] usb 2-2.1.2: new low-speed USB device number 8 using ehci-omap
[ 168.795013] usb 2-2.1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=c050
[ 168.795013] usb 2-2.1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 168.795013] usb 2-2.1.2: Product: USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse
[ 168.795043] usb 2-2.1.2: Manufacturer: Logitech
[ 168.802795] input: Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse as /devices/platform/usbhs-omap.0/ehci-omap.0/usb2/2-2/2-2.1/2-2.1.2/2-2.1.2:1.0/input/input12
[ 168.803924] generic-usb 0003:046D:C050.0005: input,hidraw3: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse] on usb-ehci-omap.0-2.1.2/input0
pandora:/home/asimov# mount -t cifs //192.168.13.10/DATA data/ -vvv
mount: fstab path: "/etc/fstab"
mount: mtab path: "/etc/mtab"
mount: lock path: "/etc/mtab~"
mount: temp path: "/etc/mtab.tmp"
mount: UID: 0
mount: eUID: 0
mount: spec: "//192.168.13.10/DATA"
mount: node: "data/"
mount: types: "cifs"
mount: opts: "(null)"
mount: mount(2) syscall: source: "//192.168.13.10/DATA", target: "data/", filesystemtype: "cifs", mountflags: -1058209792, data: (null)
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on //192.168.13.10/DATA,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
(for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might
need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program)
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

pandora:/home/asimov# dmesg |tail
[ 168.802795] input: Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse as /devices/platform/usbhs-omap.0/ehci-omap.0/usb2/2-2/2-2.1/2-2.1.2/2-2.1.2:1.0/input/input12
[ 168.803924] generic-usb 0003:046D:C050.0005: input,hidraw3: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse] on usb-ehci-omap.0-2.1.2/input0
[ 426.781707] usb 2-2.1.2: USB disconnect, device number 8
[ 651.063049] usb 2-2.1.2: new low-speed USB device number 9 using ehci-omap
[ 651.187194] usb 2-2.1.2: New USB device found, idVendor=046d, idProduct=c050
[ 651.187194] usb 2-2.1.2: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=0
[ 651.187194] usb 2-2.1.2: Product: USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse
[ 651.187225] usb 2-2.1.2: Manufacturer: Logitech
[ 651.195861] input: Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse as /devices/platform/usbhs-omap.0/ehci-omap.0/usb2/2-2/2-2.1/2-2.1.2/2-2.1.2:1.0/input/input13
[ 651.196685] generic-usb 0003:046D:C050.0006: input,hidraw3: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse] on usb-ehci-omap.0-2.1.2/input0

Just tested forcing the username and results where pretty strange.

pandora:/home/asimov# mount -t cifs //192.168.13.10/asimov test/ -o user=asim
ov -vvv
mount: fstab path: "/etc/fstab"
mount: mtab path: "/etc/mtab"
mount: lock path: "/etc/mtab~"
mount: temp path: "/etc/mtab.tmp"
mount: UID: 0
mount: eUID: 0
mount: spec: "//192.168.13.10/asimov"
mount: node: "test/"
mount: opts: "user=asimov"
mount: mount(2) syscall: source: "//192.168.13.10/asimov", target: "test/", filesystemtype: "cifs", mountflags: -1058209792, data: user=asimov
mount: block device //192.168.13.10/asimov is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: spec: "//192.168.13.10/asimov"
mount: node: "test/"
mount: opts: "user=asimov,ro"
mount: mount(2) syscall: source: "//192.168.13.10/asimov", target: "test/", filesystemtype: "cifs", mountflags: -1058209791, data: user=asimov
mount: cannot mount block device //192.168.13.10/asimov read-only

Now it doesn't complain about wrong filesystem but again is unable to mount the share. Besides I don't know why it tries to mount ro.

Never found such errors in other distros (pandora included), that's why I think something broke with the last update.

Thanks a lot for the suggested workaround will try when I have time.

PS.

option username is not mandatory, it just uses the username that invokes the command, on the first example I'm using a public share It works in other machines no matter the password/username I use.

generally my command is for a password-less share is. 

sudo mount -t cifs -o username=guest,password=  //192.168.0.100/files/ /mnt/filesFor newer version of mount on newer distributions(Not SuperZaxxon) I need to do this: 
Code:
sudo mount -t cifs -o username=guest,sec=ntlm,password=  //192.168.0.100/files/ /mnt/files
EDIT: It's username not user.
EDIT2: I've always used absolute paths for the mount directory in the command, maybe relative paths work.. I've never tried it.

Edit3: Looks like user= would work just fine.. I guess I'm old school in my usage of the command.

Back