SuperZaxxon v1.71 (final major release) released!

Thanks. The op_power.sh looks too complicated for me now, but I will try to investigate it later.

Actually, when I think of it, it could be enough to make the shoulder buttons not turn on the screen. That should be doable, because the shoulder buttons are already excluded from waking up the Pandora. I will try to find it out. Any suggestions where to look?

After updating I ran into 2 problems.

When I logged in with my normal account the pandora button (under alt & ctrl) no longer opened the xfce menu.  I created a new account and it worked.  I then resized my panel, removed a few icons from it and added 2 desktops in the new account and the pandora button no long works.  My normal account has a very customized xfce setup.

The second problem, with my normal account, each time I log in I get a dialog

! Notification Area
The tray manager lost selection

The dialog my appear multiple times.  The notification area may be missing for the session. 

Prior to modifying the new account I ran a diff of both home directories as root.  One thing that jumped out was that .xinitrc appeared to be noticeably different.  I updated it for the pre-update account.  I don't think it helped anything.

Logging out of the older account also causes a message to get written over the screen about not being able to execute login.  The message is long than that and the screen is cleared less than a second later.

Hello everybody. This is the first time I need to upgrade SZ to play a game, but I'm not sure what I have to do. My os is super zaxxon 1.51; kernel 3.2. Is it the safest and easiest way to do it with the menu function "upgrade pandora os"? And what would be erased installing a new os?

When you use the Upgrade OS Option, nothing will be erased, but if you install the firmware from stretch, than everything from your nand will be erased and its like a new Pandora OS..

The Data on your SD Karts wont harm, but thinks like the comunity codec pack, Midi etc will be erased from the Nand, also Firmwares from USB Deviced you put manualy in the System Folder..

When you use the Upgrade OS Option, nothing will be erased, but if you install the firmware from stretch, than everything from your nand will be erased and its like a new Pandora OS..

The Data on your SD Karts wont harm, but thinks like the comunity codec pack, Midi etc will be erased from the Nand, also Firmwares from USB Deviced you put manualy in the System Folder..
Thank you. One more thing: what is the Nand? and how can I make a back up?

Thank you. One more thing: what is the Nand? and how can I make a back up?
NAND is the term for the internal flash memory that holds the OS it's small only 512MBs, Generally for most user there really isn't anything to back up unless you set up custom ui or command line settings. 

You have version 1.51 so there may not be an Upgrade OS option as that was introduced around then.  I suggest running the "full flash image" instructions that are in the first post near the bottom of the post. 

If you had the codec pack, timidy or java PNDs installed those will need to be setup again, but generally it's a painless install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thank you very much.

I only have timidy installed so I'll try and hope everything goes right.

Back