SuperZaxxon v1.72 released

I use Zaxxon's kernel, so Slackware is currently using 1.72RC's one.

I guess it just miss the "old behaviour fallback" feature, notaz correct me if I'm wrong.

Anyway I'll update soon.

So now i reflashed my Pandora TV Edition too.

All seem to work fine like TV-Out,1.2GHZ overclocking,mostly PND that i have tried.

OffTopic @ Joachim:

Me-TV PND is outdated and must be updated.

I tried it serveral Times to build new from scratch but it never worked here.

Maybe on the Gamescom when i meet Ptitseb i can ask him and he explain me exactly what is to do ;)

I am curious about learning many new Things :D

OffTopic @ Joachim:

Me-TV PND is outdated and must be updated.

I tried it serveral Times to build new from scratch but it never worked here.

Maybe on the Gamescom when i meet Ptitseb i can ask him and he explain me exactly what is to do ;)

I am curious about learning many new Things :D
Sure! :)

I still would like to play Gnome Games with the new Firmware but without re-installing the whole Samba stuff that Gnome Games seems to need for unknown reasons. Ideas anyone? Like only installing the needed libs somehow, log only mentioned one file that's missing.

No answer from sebt3 (maintainer) so far...

Often, when dependencies break, the program stops at the first dependency failure, so to fix them you need to keep restoring dependencies until it passes.

Not sure if that's what's needed here; I've not checked the logs.

okay, I can compile (lib)xwiimote. its a bit painful because it needs newer libudev (well not so new something about 2012-2013), thats part of systemd. Luckily its also available through eudev.

In any case, I can confirm that you can connect a wiimote and the connection shows all moves :)

next I am trying to compile the xwiimote xorg mouse driver, if this works I think this could be distributed by PND.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay, I can compile (lib)xwiimote. its a bit painful because it needs newer libudev (well not so new something about 2012-2013), thats part of systemd. Luckily its also available through eudev.

In any case, I can confirm that you can connect a wiimote and the connection shows all moves :)

next I am trying to compile the xwiimote xorg mouse driver, if this works I think this could be distributed by PND.
Cool. Will definitely test with my wiimote that seems to be computer only at the moment.

One thing I am missing is the USB network thing.

It is supposed to be under startup services menu, but it is not there anymore.

Any way to activate it?

Based on some forum researching I think this option have been renamed to "start USB OTG port". Does that makes sense?

hello everyone. I'm running into problems with libpng14. Does someone know how to fix it?

Yes, I'm sure someone knows how to fix it. Perhaps not someone here, but we can't tell until you tell us what's wrong ;)
 Sorry, my bad. Some PND's complains abut the lack of that library. The doom64 one is an example.

Hmm, I've just had a look at my system running SZ1.71 at present, and inside /usr/lib I have a file called libpng12.so.0.42.0 (and a file libpng12.so which is a link to the previous file). I don't have a libpng14.so - do you have any libpng* files in that directory? What OS version where you on before where doom64 worked?

The point is that it never worked. I was on 1.51 before and I thought that maybe upgrading would fix the issue. I have to check on my pandy for that file, but I don't think it is there.

Ah, so it's not an actual regression with this OS release. That's good to know.

I notice ptitseb made a new build of Doom64 available last month, so it's still being developed. If you're having problems running it, you're probably better off reporting it in its own thread: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15746-doom-64-ex/page-3/URL]

Meanwhile, can you list any other PNDs that you've not been able to run on this OS version?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've now made a full flash to 1.72, and even though I'm not a systematic tester in any way, I can happily report that I haven't run into any problems that I've noticed. Thank you, Notaz!

I updated and saw several WARNINGs about missing certificates. After the reboot everything seems so be fine though ... but should I be worried?

Where can I find the logfile from the last update (had to power off and leave the house and in the meantime forgot what it sais in the message, can't find it in /var/log)?

Wifi impoved big time, browsing the web on the Pandora is fun again! Thanks!

Ok i think have something strange.

I reflashed my CC Pandora (2 times just to be sure) with this firmware 1.72 (not the RC) and apart from wifi (i have to use what notaz suggested to do in first post to return at an acceptable wifi connection) all is working fine.

But when i shutdown or reboot i allways have a message at the centre of desktop that says "failed to execute login command"...all the procedure reboot or shutdown works correctly but this message is annoying me....it's possible to remove? tell me where to look.

Thanks

I updated and saw several WARNINGs about missing certificates. After the reboot everything seems so be fine though ... but should I be worried?

Where can I find the logfile from the last update (had to power off and leave the house and in the meantime forgot what it sais in the message, can't find it in /var/log)?
As far as I know, the Pandora doesn't log anything to the NAND - all logs are temp files. So if you rebooted, it's all lost I'm afraid.
Did you do the reflash, or do an OS update from the menu? Linux machines can act a little weird after an update before a reboot, because anything long-standing running since before the update won't have been updated yet. On the other hand, if you reflashed, that counts as a reboot the first time you booted it up, so that is strange.

Back