Surfing The Web

J

Jaguar

i really dont know anythign about the wiz, but was wondering, can you surf the web on it?

Jaguar said:
i really dont know anythign about the wiz, but was wondering, can you surf the web on it?

Not yet, since there's no wifi. However GPH are hopefully soon bringing out a dongle that gives it wireless capabilities. And then there'll be internet :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, resize your browser to 320x240 (and pick a small font), and then see how it goes ;)

That said, we've been doing it for a long time already (consider Palm OS and Pocket PC PDAs, and so on) and its certainly passable, just not wonderful.

I think GPH dongle woudl be more suited to multiplayer gaming and other enhancements, but I'm just shooting off there.

jeff

You dismiss it too easily - imagine you took a screenshot of your monitor, on the wiz you could show it as a jpg on the wiz viewer, and you can zoom into a readable section and scan across using arrow keys - that can be done already with the shit GPH firmware. Now think of a web browser in a similar situation, where you can quickly scan across the viewed section of the page using the touchscreen and bingo, you have a web browser for the wiz thats useable. If you cant imagine this, cut a wiz screen sized hole in one of your xmas cards and hold it to your monitor with a webpage open - now move it around, only taking in the part of the screen you can see in the hole at that time - by scanning it across with your hand you get an idea of how it would work in reality.

Also there's plenty of youtube type videos that can be streamed, not just viewing at web pages all the time.

Browser, like I said, chec it out on other devices. (like Opera Mobile, say.) It works, but its not really great at low resolutions.

Good call on youtube .. that'd be great. Full motion video is very forgiving to low resolution.. watching TV shows on the Wiz is fully good, so youtube would rock. (Hopefully HUD keyboard for searching would work well with the touchscreen, I know my Wiz touchscreen is funky on the right side :/)

I dunno why, but youtube on the go rules :)

jeff

Back