GP32 Svorbis V0.9 Has Been Released

SvOlli

Certified Guru
Website
svolli.org
As the people on the mailing list know for over 12 hours, there's a new release of SvOrbis (V0.9).

New features include:
  • mono oggs now work correctly (well almost, look at known bugs)
  • rewritten key input routine, now configurable
  • a help screen display key configuration
  • pause key
  • error message if no oggs are found
  • it's now possible to move the an ogg over the playlist border
  • the playlist end marker can now be disabled
  • new default color scheme
  • now a logo in top left corner instead of text
From now on until V1.0 there will be feature freeze to get a rock-stable V1.0 that can be only taken down by turning the GP32 off. ;) So send in those bug reports.

Right now I'm putting together a testsuite with different encoding variations, to make sure that some bugs won't happen again like mono playing too fast.

BTW: The current logo will be replaced during this bugfixing phase. Since I'm rather bad on drawing, I need some help there. If you can come up with a cool logo for SvOrbis, please contact me by pressing the E-Mail button below.

Greetings,
SvOlli

WhizzBang said:
Same as always: http://svolli.de/gp32/SvOrbis/
Sorry, that it's a bit hidden in the original posting, but I thought "SvOrbis Homepage" in my signature says it all...

WhizzBang said:
Thanks SvOlli for including my requested feature! :D
I put everything in that made sense to my and was technically possible.

Greetings,
SvOlli

Last edited by a moderator:
*BUGREPORT*

when i try to make my own keymapping in SvOrbis using the following SVORBIS.INI

version = Horscht edition
wind.step = 5
#key values are:
#left: 0x0001
#down: 0x0002
#right: 0x0004
#up: 0x0008
#L: 0x0010
#B: 0x0020
#A: 0x0040
#R: 0x0080
#start: 0x0100
#select: 0x0200
#add 0x1000 if the key should also work in locked mode
key.previous.track = 0x0008
key.next.track = 0x0002
key.rewind = 0x0010
key.fast.forward = 0x0080
key.separator.left = 0x0201
key.separator.right = 0x0204
key.move.track.up = 0x0208
key.move.track.down = 0x0202
key.random = 0x0120
key.pause = 0x0140
key.lock = 0x1300
key.help.screen = 0x0040
key.info.screen = 0x0110

the Key sperator Left/right get mapped to select+up/down, instead of select+left/right. How come?

same happens to me, when SvOrbis is saving the playlist. Its not on every ogg file, but on most of my oggs. Its not very loud, but sometimes it´s really anoying.

One file where it happens:
Nightwish-Once-dark chest of wonders q=1 ripped with audiograbber

and Olli, concerning the question in your sig:

go to "my controls" and klick on "edit profile info", select "costum member title" and type in what you want

Horscht posted on Jul 24 2004 at 01:23 PM said:
same happens to me, when SvOrbis is saving the playlist. Its not on every ogg file, but on most of my oggs. Its not very loud, but sometimes it´s really anoying.
Maybe the playlist saving should be optional, or done only at user request? because it is not worth saving the playlist everytime you play another item... it is useful only if you power off you GP!

Horscht said:
*BUGREPORT*

when i try to make my own keymapping in SvOrbis using the following
[...]
the Key sperator Left/right get mapped to select+up/down, instead of select+left/right. How come?
A bug in handling svorbis.ini. Fixed now. Will be in V0.9a.

Greetings,
SvOlli

cyberic posted on Jul 24 2004 at 06:29 PM said:
Maybe the playlist saving should be optional, or done only at user request? because it is not worth saving the playlist everytime you play another item... it is useful only if you power off you GP!
There's something in your logic that does not match the design goals of SvOrbis. If I turn it on, I want to start at the track that has been played last before turning off. In an early version I wrote this information in a separate file. I noticed that writing that 4 bytes of information takes the same time as writing the whole playlist, so I merged the information in there, so only one file needs to be written. There's no way to catch something like "power's been turned off" or "batteries ran dry". But there are several firmwares that store information in the iic. Maybe I could use that one, but that will need further investigations.

Greetings,
SvOlli

aapje89 said:
But when I play a song the sound cracks a bit :(
Not on my system. Maybe I can reproduce the bug, but I need several things to know
  • How many Oggs are on the SMC?
  • How's the song encoded? (Quality or bitrate setting) (I've you've got anything better than modem, it would be nice if you could provide me with your Ogg file triggering the problem)
  • When does the noise appear? (Always, at specific time, when writing to SMC)
Greetings,
SvOlli

On one smc I don't have any problems, there a have about 20 songs
On the other smc I have 5 songs, and those songs cracks a bit.
I haven't got the songs on my other smc, so I'll try if it works there.

Back