GP32 Svorbis: Roadmap Call For Features

SvOlli

Certified Guru
Website
svolli.org
A rough roadmap has been plotted. Version 0.9 will be the last release before 1.0, which itself will be the first version declared stable. Between 0.9 and 1.0 there will be a feature freeze. So anything that didn't make it in version 0.9 won't be in 1.0. This means: send in your feature requests now!. How to request a feature? First choice is the SvOrbis mailing list. You can also go for this thread.

All feature requests will be collected and commented on the SvOrbis homepage.

Greetings,
SvOlli

well, first of all, a pause function would be cool, you know, as soon as someone talks to you, you just press pause, talk to that moron who disturbed you while listening to your favourite music, and then go on without missing any part.

Second: In the 0.8 release there is a bug, that makes the GP to make noise when the playlist is saved (that common GP bug). It didn´t appear in 0.7, so you could probably fix that. (im using OggVorbis q=1 encoded files, they are great, and they even do sound good on CD)

Hi

I have a feature request as well, which shouldn't be too hard to implement:
In fact I'm encoding my ogg files in mono, it doesn't matter to me if I don't hear this or that effect coming from the left to the right...

I wanted to play them with Svorbis, and... they play 2x too fast!

So please correct this, I think it won't be too difficult.

Thanks

Just tried it. It's great dude. I agree with the equalizer. Also, might be cool to package it with a readme in the zip :).

Also, what would be wicked is to be able to configure the buttons to your liking. Lots of people like the buttons at the moment, but I prefer to use L and R to skip left and right a track, that's easier to do if your pocket :).

Maybe consider some kind of optional screensaver too? That would be sweeeeeet. I mount the gp in the car for people to watch films and to listen to mp3s, would be sweet to see some kind of winamp style screensaver or even better, a visualization! Maybe even cycle through jpgs or gifs that are in a specified directory.

1 last idea could be either an app for the pc or the gp to configure the SVORBIS.INI.

Just a few ideas. Great work SvOlli :D!

synkro said:
I know that won't happen but at least custom fonts would be great :)
Custom fonts are in already.
dozer said:
1 last idea could be either an app for the pc or the gp to configure the SVORBIS.INI.
This program exists and is called notepad.exe ;-) No joke: I've made some effort to use a human readable configfile. I maybe could provide a template containing all features.

Greetings,
SvOlli

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe I am stupid but all I found was the color of the font but no option to load a selmade 8x8 font.... :unsure: I also love to hear MOD during my day, so mixing up OGGs and MODs in a playlist would be cool... *cough*hint*cough*

synkro said:
maybe I am stupid but all I found was the color of the font but no option to load a selmade 8x8 font....
Well, it's not called font, it's called "charset", since it's coming from the C64. A documentation has been added to the webpage on how the charset's organized.
synkro said:
I also love to hear MOD during my day, so mixing up OGGs and MODs in a playlist would be cool...
Mixing them in the playlist wouldn't be hard. Playing them is the problem ;) OggVorbis has standard, MOD has many, so there's no "this can play it all" library. Imho supporting MOD would lead to a huge amount of work for a rather small benefit. And: you're still free to convert your MOD to OggVorbis.

Greetings,
SvOlli

thx, but there a re still thing I don' get: what is the transparancy color? Is there a color.text setting for multi color fonts?
so no MODs then, but converting them to OGGs would make them really big... *sniff*

....SIDS? ;)

Skin support would be cool, Lots of people were impressed when I showed them that the (other) OGG prog could use skins.

And visualisations would be brilliant (although I guess a little bit time consuming and resource grabbing)

synkro posted on Jul 15 2004 at 01:47 PM said:
thx, but there a re still thing I don' get: what is the transparancy color? Is there a color.text setting for multi color fonts?
Nope. Just like on the C64: one background color, one text color, no transparency. Title is an exception. Right now text color will be for all printed text. I could split that up to playlist, ogginfo, statusline, etc, if there's the need for it.

BTW: If you convert your SIDs and MODs with -q1 to 22KHz mono, file size should be reasonable (of cause still no match for MOD/SID, but might work out as a compromise). Once mono files are played correctly this might be an alternative.

Greetings,
SvOlli

hmm.. well then there is no need for me for custom charset atm, sorry for bothering you...
new feature: it would be nice if button combo like start+a would wait for button release

synkro said:
hmm.. well then there is no need for me for custom charset atm, sorry for bothering you...
That's not been bothering. It showed that the docs were lacking something. I also want to make an example font available for download, but I still need to find one to rip from the C64. :)

synkro said:
new feature: it would be nice if button combo like start+a would wait for button release
I want to rewrite the whole input code for config via svorbis.ini and better handling like you noted.

Greetings,
SvOlli

Back