Svorbis V0.9e Is Out

SvOlli

Certified Guru
Website
svolli.org
Since you've all been good this year, I decided to put something under the christmas tree for you:
Version 0.9e has been released. Changes include:
  • A new logo and icon
  • Support for 8 bit fonts
  • Now compiled with gcc 3.4.3 instead of 3.4.2.
  • Some small fixes
  • Cleanup of sourcecode
Now SvOrbis is able to print also out characters from 0x80 to 0xff, in addition to the characters from 0x20 to 0x7f, of cause. The default charset is now ISO-Latin1 hand pixeled by me.

Since I only got one submission on my call for a new logo and icon this one will be used for now. If anyone sends me another one in, I'll set up a poll.

Special thanks to Steffen Böhme from Pixeljuice.de for providing me with a professional logo.

Right now I'm working on an online gif-to-charset converter and a small utility to convert/upload a standard playlist to SvOrbis.

Greeting, Peace, Love & Joy
SvOlli

Kojote said:
didn't you say last time that you are going to release v1 the next time :)
Hmmm. Did I? Maybe. Anyway, before releasing 1.0 the playlist creator and charset converter should be in a usable state. I'm also struggling with the voltage detection, which is still not working yet. For version 1.0 this will either work or will be removed. I also want to get some feedback on the new 8bit fonts.

Greetings,
SvOlli

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I've never used ogg files before. Are they smaller than MP3's? If so then is there an MP3 to OGG converter anywhere?

tekt5 posted on Dec 24 2004 at 04:11 PM said:
Sorry I've never used ogg files before. Are they smaller than MP3's? If so then is there an MP3 to OGG converter anywhere?
ogg is the best!!
I think 0.9d is alread a 1.0 version, its great.
I used it alot, but now I have a seperate mp3/wma player (it doesnt play ogg's :( )

tekt5 said:
Have a look at the bottom of the SvOrbis homepage (click on the link in my signature). There's a faq section that answers these questions.

Greetings from Germany,
SvOlli

Back