Release Switch GUI: Openbox

Yes I have lowpower in .lidconfig

Doesn't matter if I go into lid settings... Doesn't make any difference.

Sent from my A500 using the cli.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I have lowpower in .lidconfig Doesn't matter if I go into lid settings... Doesn't make any difference. Sent from my A500 using the cli.
Oh. So if you went into Lid Close Setting, and chose "Turn off the screen", it doesn't update $HOME/.lidconfig?

If so, I can't work out why it doesn't. Here's the script - maybe someone else can see a reason why it fails (I assume that your /usr/pandora/scripts/op_lidsettings.sh looks the same ...)

#!/bin/bash

user=$(cat /tmp/currentuser)

# change what to do when the lid is closed/opened
case "$(cat /home/$user/.lidconfig)" in
"lowpower")
current="the Pandora goes into low power mode"
;;
"shutdown")
current="the Pandora is shut down"
;;
*)
current="the screen is turned off"
;;
esac

sel=$(zenity --title="Lid settings" --height=250 --list --column "id" --column "Please select" --hide-column=1 --text="What should happen when you close the Pandora's lid?\n(the opposite of the selected action is performed when opening the lid again)\nAt the moment $current when you close the lid." "brightness" "Turn off the screen." "lowpower" "Go into low power mode (same as when pressing the
power button for less than 3 seconds)" "shutdown" "Shut the pandora down.") || exit
echo "$sel" > /home/$user/.lidconfig
You don't have spaces in your username do you?

Any news on the low power mode when lid is closed? Just be perfect to have it work the same as XFCE, rather than choosing suspend in the menu..

Sent from my A500 using the cli.

It's tricky. It works for me on my Pandora (on both the OS on my NAND, and on a 'clean' one I put on a SD card). I don't know why it isn't working for you. You'll need to help me out :)

What happens if you fake the lid close event? In a terminal, type:

Code:
sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/op_lid.sh 1

Hi

screen turns off.. power light doesn't dim.

If I do that in XFCE then screen turns off and the power light dims..

Darren

Okay, thanks. I'll look into modifying the pandora scripts officially (through an OS update) rather than clobbering them with this PND.

Freamon : do you planned an update to fit the new 1.54 RC firmware ?
That is exactly the kind of thing I should be doing, yes. I've don't have much free time at the moment though, so I don't know whether I'll be able to do it before 1.54 goes Final.

For some weird reason, PPSSPP won't load from wbar, the rest of the pnds will. It loads fine from the main menu though.
I've deleted it and reinstalled it and I can't seem to find what's wrong. When I click on it I just get a flash then nothing... 

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,

I mean the pnd_run.ppsspp.out or something like that file in /tmp.

There should be a clue why it doesn't want to start.

The .cfg file for wbar is at /tmp/obcache/wbar.cfg. The "c: " line will show you what it's trying to execute (it should be something like "c: /usr/bin/nohup /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/SDCARD/pandora/apps/PPSSPP.pnd" ...")

I've just tried launching PPSSPP from the wbar and it worked okay.

The .cfg file for wbar is at /tmp/obcache/wbar.cfg. The "c: " line will show you what it's trying to execute (it should be something like "c: /usr/bin/nohup /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/SDCARD/pandora/apps/PPSSPP.pnd" ...")

I've just tried launching PPSSPP from the wbar and it worked okay.

Thanks for the info... Could you post the rest of your line c? I think mine is goign after the wrong script, it ends as : "runscript.sh" -b "PPSSPP" -- %f

Sorry for the delay in posting. Mine looks like:

Code:
c: /usr/bin/nohup /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/SDCARD/pandora/apps//PPSSPP.pnd" -e "runscript.sh" -b "PPSSPP"
(there's no "-- %f" thing).

Sorry for the delay in posting. Mine looks like:

c: /usr/bin/nohup /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -p "/media/SDCARD/pandora/apps//PPSSPP.pnd" -e "runscript.sh" -b "PPSSPP"

(there's no "-- %f" thing).
Thanks for the info... It's what I tried but everytime I reload the wbar, it undo the changes I've done to the file. :(

Any ideas?

Back