Release Tasty Static

lunixbochs

Staff member
screen.png

Get it on the repo.

Unfortunately, this will hard lock the CC Pandora. I also need someone to test on a Rebirth. Works great on my 1GHz.

---

Tasty Static is an awesome freeware Skyroads clone. Stay on the road. Try double-jumping and steering while in midair if you're having trouble on a level.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi :)

It's working perfectly on my Rebirth, with latest Super Zaxxon and SGX driver v.4.03.00.02 !

Thanks, Magic Sam

The game acts rather strange on the default driver on 1GHz, it runs fullspeed for a while (over 60fps), then suddenly switches to ~30fps slowing the game itself (including the timer) and making it much easier, then after a while it's 60+ again. I guess it's yet another weirdness in the driver, as it takes 40+% CPU time in kernel during slowdown periods.

Because of the above C4A mode would be rather unfair.

The game acts rather strange on the default driver on 1GHz, it runs fullspeed for a while (over 60fps), then suddenly switches to ~30fps slowing the game itself (including the timer) and making it much easier, then after a while it's 60+ again
I played for about 20 mins earlier and did not notice this behavior (i'm on default driver after reflashing on 1.71) - in what conditions did you see it ?

It seems I was underclocked to 600MHz, at 1GHz it seems to be sable. Probably a race condition of some sort at lower CPU clock.

Asmo has a Gigahertz, hasn't he? So a C4A game, which is easier for CC owners sounds good to me. :>

Is there any check to prevent the run on CC, therefore avoid the lock ?
The game will detect the old graphics driver and warn you twice before letting you start. It also won't freeze at the main menu, so you have another chance to exit there.
I don't have a Rebirth, so I can't test it there.

Just tested it on my rebirth, gave me a warning, but let me play the first level without incident

K, then I wouldn't mind a brave soul skipping the warning on their CC, playing a level, and letting me know if it's their unit too, or if mine's a special kind of broken :)

I have also a CC and can confirm that the game run fine at menu but after selecting an option (tested <start game> and <settings>) the video driver crash but the music continue playing.

Firmware 1.6x

Thanks Farox. That probably means I should be detecting the CC hardware revision instead of the video driver version.

Back